clan [*V*] on IRC!

All general chat goes here
synth
ich habe ein kleines Mitglied

clan [*V*] on IRC!

Post by synth »

hey all!
i was talking with pj about weekly wars for >oTu< and [*V*]. then i had the idea to have an IRC channel for your clan. those who allready know what IRC is and also use it are welcome on #otu @quakenet. else i will explain it for those who really have no idea what this programm is about.

this program is used for a lot of things. i will give short examples so all might know a bit more.

- IRC is mainly a chatprogram with a lot of other features

- you are able to create your own channel. that channel can be admined by all members

- in a channel you can create topics to inform members or all that joined your channel. in that way you can easily organize wars/trains/news/changes...

- a topic in a channel can be edited by all admins. for example you have a war going on and you want to know who from your team have the time to play. this players are able to add their name to the lineup

- you can tell a bot to display url's/infos/news... on your channel

- IRC can be used to solve any problems with quake. a lot of channels contain people that really have a big knowledge about configs/mods/servers/events...

- for those that are able to play 1.32 might know GTV. a GTV server is a server that displays in a delayed way what is beeing played on a different server. its mainly used to show games from leagues/cups/tourneys... IRC channels give you the info when and who will be shown on what GTV channel.

- with IRC you can also get in contact with some more professional gamers of quake and other games

- you can connect via IRC to any IP thats displayed in the chat

- you can leave "away-messages"

- you can share files over IRC

those are only some features of IRC. more infos can be found under: http://www.mirc.com/

thats all so far from me now. just hope to see clan [*V*] soon on IRC =)
Arnott
V Clan Member

Post by Arnott »

i seem to remember setting up a irc channel awhile ago for v but people didn't use it so i got rid of it.
boom
V Management

Post by boom »

yeah thats right arnott only me and you were on it lol ...
Image women need a reason for sex,men just need a place:)
synth
ich habe ein kleines Mitglied

Post by synth »

some1 delete this topic!
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

why?
druggy
Granades Spammer

Post by druggy »

im sorry 2 butt-in but... mIRC?? ... lol :x thats way wayyyyy 2 oldschool .. really, used 2 log on there like what?? .. 12years ago fairly!! i dunno how the mIRC community's goin on but last i checked it was DEAD... literally seriously dead >.< mostly for online gamers, u know, us, complainin bout lag n sh1t xD
Violence is #1 resource of the mentally challenged, but i'll still knock ya teeth in if u piss me off =)