Thanks 4 ban - u r really pro 8ball

All general chat goes here
shaq
n? Clan Member

Thanks 4 ban - u r really pro 8ball

Post by shaq »

Thanks you 4 ban :D
Some dumbass have ref and give me ban 4 low rate ... :%)
sad :ROFL:
Why so seroius ?
paul
Site Admin

Re: Thanks 4 ban - u r really pro 8ball

Post by paul »

LMAO Shaq,

Grow up! If you want me to publish the log, I will. You clearly couldn't be bothered to change your settings when asked and then asked for a ban when it was offered. Don't whine just because you don't like how we run the server!
Insulting people when you don't get your own way isnt going to help either.
You are asked politely to change your settings. You get plenty of warnings. Remmal knows now that we don't mess about!

1 week ban stands!

Why so serious....you tell me!
shaq
n? Clan Member

Post by shaq »

I playing all the time on this f setting, then stop bulshit about bad cfg, where is some note about rate man?

My pkts and snaps was cool ,Why I should change my settings as stranger asks me about it?

This is shit and u know that - I pee on this case.

U lookin some probls from nowere pj, if u want set some rate, say that b4-not when we playing .

this is shit ,U give me ban 4 week ?np 4 me. :crazy: but u .... failed.

hnday
Why so seroius ?
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

hmm both of you have right in some part.
shaq wrote:where is some note about rate man?
Unfortunately in this case is shaq right. There is no info about rate settings. Just maxpackets and snaps. I will change this.
shaq wrote:Why I should change my settings as stranger asks me about it?
If we would talk about snaps or maxpackets we don't even have to ask you to change. We can remove you without warning just like it stands in broadcast message. Its just a ref's good will to offer you change before kick.

The problem is communication. Im sure everything can be cleared with proper discussion. Both of you had other nicks so i doubt you knew who are you talking to.
Shaq, you always talk about your rail is shit etc. Why did you use rate 11k? Maybe that is your problem.
The best chance to have proper damage and take proper damage is to have same settings like the others.
The rate value is limiting the downstream bandwith but if you set snaps to 40 you have to increase the rate coz you just can not request the world update 40 times per second with only 11000 bytes per second allowed especialy when is more players connected and the world update takes more bandwidth. Its like to try to push a whale through a water pipe.

Unfortunately i can't change the decission of ban. I can just advice to not ignore if is some one talking to you especialy if its about your different settings. And this is the advice for everyone.

Suggested settings.

ADSL / Cable / Wireless

cl_maxpackets "100" limit packets per second you send to server (upload)
cl_packetdup "1" backup packet send in case the network loose it or damage it. This is a need when online playing.
snaps "40" world updates per second you recieve from server(download)
rate "25000" downstream limit bytes per second (download)
com_maxfps 125 - best movement, best combination with cl_maxpackets 100 (upload)

Please ppl, don't think that we have set this numbers just to bother you.
All values are calculated and with change even of one of them, you have to alter the others. Everything is bind to everything. :friends:
Ping f*cking matters
-=*Ic3Cub3*=-
V Clan Member

Post by -=*Ic3Cub3*=- »

and what about TimeNudge ? What does it do ?
Many people use it. Maybe We have to ask also to put it to a value ?

BTW : tonight Niero called me a lot of times sexy beast coz I asked him to put his 40 max packets to 100
I warned him for Kick, and he laugh coz he wont change his settings, he feel it is ok for his ping.
I cant ban him, coz I dont want to be a child like him, and coz he got dynamic IP.
What to do ? let him play with 40 max packets and warp all over the map ? :o
bone
V Clan Member

Post by bone »

haha :D
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

-=*Ic3Cub3*=- wrote:and what about TimeNudge ? What does it do ?
Many people use it. Maybe We have to ask also to put it to a value ?
Timenudge does not affect outgoing or incoming data. Its just change the way your snapshots (snaps) are proccesed by your pc (game). Ok here is the example
sv_fps on server are set to 30 so 1000ms/30 parts = each 33ms is the server sending information whats goin on to the clients. You have also set snaps to 30 so your game (client) awaits snapshots each 33 ms.

Snapshot in our case represents the players position on map

Normal situation with timenudge 0. Server will send 1st snapshot after 33ms the 2nd and after next 33ms send another one. After the time (ping) will client recieve the first snapshot, then after 33ms recieve the second, compares these two snapshots, make and print the interpolation on your screen. then (33ms later) will recieve the third, compare it with the second and again print the interpolation, etc. everything smooth, real delay = ping.

If you set timenudge to lets say -20, cliet will starts to await each snapshot 20ms sooner. and of course there is no way to get it sooner so client will take last 2 snapshots, predict the third snapshot (from players direction and speed) and print the interpolation on screen. Then the client have to wait until the real third snapshot will arrive so he could calculate incoming snapshots and interpolation(predicted snapshots can be made only from real snapshots). this wait time can be visible as players lag. So more negative timenudge, longer lag. but this will reduce your latency of 20ms. so real delay = ping - 20ms.

Cool value is around -10 and -15. Lags are not so visible and 15ms lower ping is not too bad.

Cheers :)
Ping f*cking matters
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

BTW : tonight Niero called me a lot of times sexy beast coz I asked him to put his 40 max packets to 100
I warned him for Kick, and he laugh coz he wont change his settings, he feel it is ok for his ping.
I cant ban him, coz I dont want to be a child like him, and coz he got dynamic IP.
Another one on a week ban then.

People WILL listen to the refs.
-=*Ic3Cub3*=-
V Clan Member

Post by -=*Ic3Cub3*=- »

paul wrote:
Another one on a week ban then.

People WILL listen to the refs.
Impossible to ban coz of Dynamic IP.
Maybe ban the range but then many ppl wont be happy :-)
-=*Ic3Cub3*=-
V Clan Member

Post by -=*Ic3Cub3*=- »

Thx Yellow for explanations ;-)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Impossible to ban coz of Dynamic IP.
No it isn't impossible, I would use subnet banning. I would ban a whole range of ips that could knock a few players out if they were on the same isp or range. This is something only admin can do though.
shaq
n? Clan Member

Post by shaq »

-=*Ic3Cub3*=- wrote:

BTW : tonight Niero called me a lot of times sexy beast ...:o
but its true u r sexy beast :crazy: :crazy: (awesome Emo :D ) ... :crazy:

U touching very soft subject, maybe kick only this ppl who really warp?
Why so seroius ?
kaska
Site Admin

Post by kaska »

I totally agree that we have to be careful with players settings and refs should do something when players don't change them. Shaq you have to understand that if server was running without refs would be a jungle.

I wouldn't mind if we didn't use so much nicks(especially refs),I personally have called kokko cheater and when he renamed , I apologized .... :oops:

Does any of you have an explanation when a player has perfect settings and ping and he lags like he has the worst ???
Can it be a bad processor or graphic card ???
The voices are telling me to kill you!
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

unstable FPS, unstable connection (wifi)...
Ping f*cking matters