Keep your settings in range and client up to date

All general chat goes here
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Keep your settings in range and client up to date

Post by YeLLoW »

Heya folks,

Tests of our new settings-check system (smth like punkbuster) are slowly comming to an end and i want to inform you that from notifications only will server soon start to put players to spectators later even kick for incorrect settings.
Coz of this i would like to prepare you to not being removed so you could continue to enjoy the game.

Here are the required settings:

Client - only latest nemesis-2.0.14 and latest noghost-155 clients are allowed so if you have no or an older client, please update it. its very easy. Just put your desired client pk3 file into your baseq3 folder. Make sure there is no other client installed and if is, delete the old file. Also make sure you install one and only client.

Nemesis - cool client with nice menu, scoretab, hud and many 1.32 features.

NoGhost - another good client with extra features. Hitsound will let you know how much damage you caused to enemy. Less buggy lightning gun then nemesis but cl_timenudge settings here is disabled(not affecting the game).

Snaps - allowed range is from 30 to 40. So please if you are not sure, check your snaps settings in q3 console. Toggle down the console with "`" key (under the ESC key) and type "/snaps" without the quotes and press enter key. The system will display your current snaps settings. If the number is out of range, change it with the same command but this time add the desired number. "/snaps 30" or "snaps 40".

Rate here is only the exact number 25000 allowed. Please use the same steps to show your currect settings like is mentioned above for snaps just in this case use "/rate". To set your rate please type in console "/rate 25000" and hit enter.

Cl_maxpackets - allowed range 63 to 100. Again same steps. "cl_maxpackets" and enter to display current setting, "cl_maxpackets 63" or "cl_maxpackets 100" and enter key to alter the settings.

cl_timenudge - we allowed range -20 to +20. So again "/cl_timenudge" to display and "/cl_timenudge -10" or so to alter the setting.

So thats all for the settings. 99% we wont change this. These settings are for your own good. To give you better gameplay, best ping with no skipping for the others. If your connection can't handle this im sorry, but we wont sacrifise the gameplay on server for sake of one player.

Equal settings and latest clients will help to prevent no-damagebug and other strange behavior.
Ping f*cking matters
kaska
Site Admin

Re: Keep your settings in range and client up to date

Post by kaska »

I'm writing this because alot of players might experience the same problem .

If Yellow's guide don't work then you have to do a search in your Quake III folder for older NoGhost***.pk3 and zzz-nemesis***.pk3 files and erase them.
Those files are causing this problem and might be in Nemesis , NoGhost and NoGhostBeta folder.

If there is an older client in any folder then the server doesn't recognize what client you have and won't let you Join.

After you make sure you don't have left any older client add the newest client that Yellow uploaded under baseq3.
I also erased Damned (mod) folder to be able to fix it.

Cheers
The voices are telling me to kill you!
Liss0lala
V Clan Member

Post by Liss0lala »

And for all the ladies ..

.. find yourself a man who can help! 8) :D
Cookie? 8-)
kaska
Site Admin

Post by kaska »

Liss have you manage to update your client ?
If you have problem joining the game , tell us so we can help
The voices are telling me to kill you!