Shuffle

All general chat goes here
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Shuffle

Post by YeLLoW »

So i heard you guys would like some shuffle function.
I think it's pretty much possible using noghost command "forceteam <playerdID> <team>. Only thing is, how would the system build the players tree and split them equally.

1. possible way is to grab users name and sort them according to rank in statistics.
2. way is to sort the players according to number of frags in the time when the shuffle occurs.

Both ways can lead to wrong shuffle. First one, even a good player can be lower in rank when he played less games. Second a good player can have a bad start and low score when the shuffle takes place.
Next problem is how to skip spectators. but i think in the status query there is a list of which team is player in. I need to check that.

And the last problem or question is, how to initiate the shuffle vote. Or how to call it...but i thing this can be done using classic in-game voting. I can create some string (vstr shuffle), which can be voted, when this vote pass, string will write some config file with specific name (set vstr shuffle "writeconfig shuffle.cfg" ) and the system will keep checking for existence of this file. When a file will be found a shuffle script will be called and the shuffle file removed. so i don't see a problem in this.
simple

/callvote vstr shuffle

would do the trick from quake side.

Let me know what you think or if you have any better ideas let me know.

Y
Ping f*cking matters
fl4k
Site Admin

Re: Shuffle

Post by fl4k »

Mmm could be a usefull string to vote for but another problem is that players changing names... However theres no perfect solution the best bet would be to create a combination of each ways of how the script is taking the information and if the system would compare also the players ip this would make it more accurate. I know this would make the script look like a book :p but probably the best think on how this could be realised...
Who the fuck is "General Failure" and what is he doing on my PC...
Meanie
Visitor

Post by Meanie »

if theres no perfect shuffle at least do some autoblanace, so that trolls and raging ppl dont make uneven teams...
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Awh M , your first post :D
I would say lets go with the script first, think its worth a try.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Noghost have simple autobalance build within. It allows to have only 1 player difference per team and it won't let ppl join this team to make the difference by 2 player.

example:

3 red vs 3 blue - spec player can join both teams. No playing player can switch team.

4 red vs 3 blue - spec player can join only blue team. A playing player from red team can switch to blue

3 red vs 4 blue - same as above but in reverse meaning.

2 red vs 4 blue - this can only happen when 1-3 players from red team disconnects.
Ping f*cking matters
natt
V Clan Member

Post by natt »

guys, Fl4ky n Yellow, please make this shuffle thing on. i know u fl4ky like to play ie. 3v5, n be in the 3 players team n play against 5, coz then its a challenge for u etc. i remember u said. but not everyone is so skilled like u fl4ky, :) i mean, how many times me n Meanie for example (or even u fl4ky at times) have to change the teams coz they r unbalanced, coz i dont know, ppl dont see or r so lazy or care so much bout the score of whatever else. if its possible, please use the ranking to maybe create a script to shuffle the teams. pleeeeeeaaaaaase. im begging. im tired of asking ppl, n tired of switching the teams. pretty please.
Meanie
Visitor

Post by Meanie »

I agree with natt, support natt and demand same as natt :friends:
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

girls, have little patience it will come, its not always easy to wite a script ;) i know that sucks when u always jump from team to team...we will survive :good: and natt comeon i and experienced ... :)
natt
V Clan Member

Post by natt »

flaky, u said there will be voting for shuffle, rly not sure itll work but ok lets see. sorry for pushing so hard but im rly tired of this. also, dont forget pls bout script ? (or maybe its possible to set it in servers settings) for right players settings, maxpackets maxfps etc. and yes flaky, u r pro n dont deny, :P
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Hey Girls and Boys,

running some simulations for script and doing some final tweaks.
The script should be ready and loaded at the end of this week. So hold your hats.

I will set a broadcast msg that ppl will know they should install latest noghost or nemesis client and fix their settings otherwise they will be forced to spectators each 32 seconds (this is approximate time till script will end the whole loop and start over checking and pushing players) when i will load the script.

Cheers
Ping f*cking matters
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

When this all gonna work well, we'll make you a present Miko :)