Map Voting is Bugged.

All general chat goes here
mickyflinn
Granades Spammer

Map Voting is Bugged.

Post by mickyflinn »

So many times we vote for maps and the map with less votes is picked, even when votes are cast early the winner should be the most votes.

Is it Bugged :%)
stupidcat
V Clan Member

Re: Map Voting is Bugged.

Post by stupidcat »

i dont know, maby yellow knows :)

What i do know is that some people spam the mapchoice,
something like:

UnnamedPlayer: 1
AnotherPlayer: 2
Micky: 3
PlayerX: 4
Cat: 3

If u look close u see 2 different people picked map 3, so it should load map 3 in this example
and NOT the spam from map 1 or map 2.

Hope this helps.
mickyflinn
Granades Spammer

Post by mickyflinn »

Yes Cat it should load the map with the 2 diffrent voters but it doesnt and even if they dont spam it sometimes loads the map with less votes, hope it get sorted.

Or make me an OverLord. :ROFL:
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

I will observe it, it could just be an optical illusion as cat said.
Who the fuck is "General Failure" and what is he doing on my PC...
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Doesn't matter if the players spam the map number. Script will take only the last message (vote) from each player. But yeah sometimes when ppl are spamming its hard to tell visually which map should win.
It will be hard to detect whats wrong. I would need to enable some logging and i would need the exact time when this did happen.

but yeah i saw few weird behaviors. But it was more about map selection. The same map which was payed appeared again in votes. But this could be caused by a rotation reset which happens when there are less than 4 maps available from the list of unplayed maps.

When the player votes it appears in log file like this:

"Fl^14^7k say: 1"

what script does is at the end of map it places a timestamp into the q3 log file. Then ppl vote. After 20 seconds it takes all the text after the timestamp and searches following:

"say: " - this will grab all the chat (ignores items respawn messages and other bullshit)
": 1" to ": 6" - this is the actual vote.

Then it will apply unique command so all same messages will be removed.
Then it will go through all players slots (dumpuser 1-15) and grab their name (skip empty slots) and search the last message for that name.
If the players say 1 it will increase the counter for map 1 etc.
At the end counters are compared and the first map with most votes win and gets loaded.

If any of you see something that can be bugged in this let me know :D
Or if you know something else how could this be done or improved. I am open to any suggestions :)

PS: maybe if a player uses some weird name (some russian character) his vote doesn't count. Also as i'm looking at this now when two players have the same name and they have voted differently the player who posted as the latest will increase the count of his map by two and vote of the other one won't be counted. hmm.
Ping f*cking matters