New Anticheat Solution

All general chat goes here
fl4k
Site Admin

New Anticheat Solution

Post by fl4k »

Hey Fraggers!

So i had recently the pleasure to be part of testing a new anticheat solution for q3 engine.
So far the development is completed and a first final version was released.
The PureSkill process is continuously scanning the ram for unknown processes and for cheat singnatures.
It will be continuously connected to a master server and will get automatic updates...
So it will be activated in the next days on both V server ...

So basically what you have to do is to:

1. Download the PureSkill client http://pureskill.tk
2. Place the files (PureSkill.exe and PureSkill01.dll) into your main Quake III Arena directory.
3. Execute Quake 3 now by PureSkill.exe

Thats it, very easy, you should get some info on console onced you done it. If you should still get some probs you can write under this topic.

With the command /ps you can see who is using the Anticheat client and whos clean!

cheers

Update:

Q3 executable has been updated, the new pureskill is now based on (q3 1.32e) client,
it benefits very nice features too

- Fixed mouse clipping (no more mouse bugs)
- Netcode & renderer bugfixes
- QVM performance/security improvements
- r_bloom <0|1> - light bloom postprocessing effect

- read the quake3e-changes.txt for more info

Its importand that you are up to date to have the best game experience!
So pls download the files and follow the instruction

NOTES:
[list]If your mouse sensitivity feels differently, add in_lagged "1" in your config, then its fixed.
[/list]
[list]add seta xp_drawConsole "0" in your config, to draw correctly the console messages[/list]
Who the fuck is "General Failure" and what is he doing on my PC...
Shtayga
Visitor

Re: New Anticheat Solution

Post by Shtayga »

I am extracted files and edited path of my excessive plus shortcut :good:

"E:\Games\Quake\Quake III arena\PureSkill.exe" +set com_hunkMegs 512 +set com_zoneMegs 128 +set com_soundMegs 64 +set fs_game excessiveplus @echo off
Last edited by Shtayga on 28 Aug 2017 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

Got the files too and updated the servers program path to the new .exe.
Awww... I'll miss so much those days when server was full...
:lol:

Question: By the way, can i make a thread for discuss the advantage of having two penises? It will have pictures...
I'm preety sure that you don't want me to place an avatar picture...
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Mal wrote: 11 Aug 2017 02:24Question: By the way, can i make a thread for discuss the advantage of having two penises? It will have pictures...
We can discuss this but I guess it has only advantages for the female world :D
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

We can discuss this but I guess it has only advantages for the female world :D
C'mon... The subject is open to everyone... Dont tell me you wouldn't adore to have 2 or more... :twisted:
Liss0lala
V Clan Member

Post by Liss0lala »

Haha, cant wait for the pictures guys! 8)
Cookie? 8-)
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

PureSkill will be activated today, be sure you instaled it as shown above. I will set on a console massage from time to time...
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

For Mollusk who had a prob lately,
I´ve uploaded pureskill from my own q3, theres a .bat file, you can use it as a executional file. It will load Pureskill, Excessive Plus mod and your Excessive Plus cfg.

Place files in your main Q3 Directory.
And dont forget to erease or replace old files...

http://www.clanv.bplaced.net/clanv/uplo ... eskill.zip
Liss0lala
V Clan Member

Post by Liss0lala »

So.. there is : technical : me again..

I placed the files in my q3 main folder.
But if i push the pureskill.exe it opens q3 with an old CFG and not the one you made for me flaks.
How can i fix this? :unknown:

fixed
Cookie? 8-)
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

So here it is today:

I got the files PureSkill01.dll and PureSkill.exe on main DIR C:\Programas\Quake III Arena 1.32c
I .exe through the PS.exe directly without the servers program.
I connect to server, but it takes longer now to load items and players and the executionable it self.
Lag is the first thing i notice and makes it impossible to play and the symptoms we all have been experiencing (fires automaticaly, doesnt fire when i want to, jump doesnt respond, lag makes it worst to move) immediatly is shown
I keep having shown the message "Dear Mal, download the ps files from ps.tk..." every 3 seconds.
After a while server goes irresponsive and crashes.
Some few have the same problems as well, and after, we go to DE server and all works fine there.

Am i doing something wrong?
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

Something i forgot to say, duch. was there in the meantime and he didnt knew how to help me with this.
I minimized the game window between and i was surprised to saw the main console window still behind game window, on background, running and logging exactly what was in the console of the game. All what was happening on main game sonsole, text, scores, actions, sayings, all was mirroring backgrounded in the initial console game that didnt closed as it should normaly when it loads all the game files, something i never saw before.
When i load the game, for several times, i can also check on the initial main console that PS.exe is loaded fine and PureSkill01.dll gets updated, both files without showing problems, still i cant get /ps active and that message "Dear Mal, download files from ps.tk..." keeps appearing.

I'm having a busy time right now with the comming back to work after the hollidays and in the next week i wont be able to come into game at regular hours, so i apreciate all the help given, posted here.

Thanks.
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

Ok, so i checked closely and ps.exe failed to load even when executed from main ps.exe:

PureSkill: PureSkill02.dll is up to date
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
VM file ui compiled to 594408 bytes of code
ui loaded in 1963008 bytes on the hunk
Unexpected end of info file
107 arenas parsed
50 bots parsed
PureSkill: PureSkill03.dll is up to date
PureSkill: Loading engine...
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:27960
Hostname: (hide)
IP: (hide)
Working directory: C:\Programas\Quake III Arena 1.32c
Proceeding with delayed mouse init
Initializing DirectInput...
DirectInput initialized.
PureSkill: Failed to load engine!!!

The dll. is updated but PS engine fails making console on background running and logging everything from main game game window, due to error, isnt closed as it should.
Im running game on old machine with XP and even so i shouldn't get problems. Might be PS code not optimized for this old OS.
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

Replaced old .bat files ( xp_dedicated.bat, xp_server.bat, xp_singleplayer.bat ), removed Quake3.exe and the two PS files i had in main folder, for the .zip new ones that flak added above.
In main game /dir folder theres only:

baseq3 folder
excessiveplus folder
PureSkill01.dll
PureSkill.exe
Quake3-Excessive Plus - PureSkill.bat

Still fails to load engine, but now, initial console window closes after logging all, not remaining opened after executing the bat file and game as before.

=@
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

Made a clean install. Downloaded files from post in forum... Installed new /dir. Replaced with ps files. Same.

R.I.P.
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Mal wrote: 17 Aug 2017 02:07 Replaced old .bat files ( xp_dedicated.bat, xp_server.bat, xp_singleplayer.bat )
These files are obsolete, you can erease them.

Im not sure what the issue is but you can try to:

- Use the .bat file from my .zip to execute your Q3, it will load directly the PureSkill, Excesive Plus mod and your cfg...
- Try also to execute it as administrator...
- Im not sure if windows xp has same bahavior but on my windows 10 q3 (also pureskill) saves some files in C:/user/username/appdata/local/virtualStore/Program Files(x86)/Quake III Arena

-If it should be the case with your windows, then erease all files there...
-PureSkill needs a litlebit of time when its fresh instaled and executed, bcuz its connecting to the master server and downloading 2 seperate .dll files. Onced its done you should, get console massage that PureSkill is loaded and that the .dll files are up to date...

Hope i gave you some hints to fix...
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

Mal wrote: 17 Aug 2017 02:07 Replaced old .bat files ( xp_dedicated.bat, xp_server.bat, xp_singleplayer.bat )
fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 09:37These files are obsolete, you can erease them.
Ok done.
fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 09:37 - Use the .bat file from my .zip to execute your Q3, it will load directly the PureSkill, Excesive Plus mod and your cfg...
Already doing that after downloading your zip. Not working.
fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 09:37 - Try also to execute it as administrator...
XP don't have that. Only after Vista.
fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 09:37 - Im not sure if windows xp has same bahavior but on my windows 10 q3 (also pureskill) saves some files in C:/user/username/appdata/local/virtualStore/Program Files(x86)/Quake III Arena.
-If it should be the case with your windows, then erease all files there...
-PureSkill needs a litlebit of time when its fresh instaled and executed, bcuz its connecting to the master server and downloading 2 seperate .dll files. Onced its done you should, get console massage that PureSkill is loaded and that the .dll files are up to date...
It does. Removed them from C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\PureSkill and exec the .bat.
Execs game and takes a few secs to download them again to that folder but fails again to load engine after that.
fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 09:37 Hope i gave you some hints to fix...
Thanks Floki. Much apreciated. :beer:

In between, i just installed the game 1.32c exec in the 2 laptops we have here, one with WIN 7 SO and the other the WIN 10, and, without erasing or replacing any file in the game /dirs, both update the .dll files and both load the PS engine perfectly and immediatly, showing version 0,9 loaded, so i deprehend and come to the simple conclusion that all this is because PS is not compatible with WIN XP.

Problem is that the WIN 7 laptop is an old computer we have from 2010 and heats a lot now just from beeing connected, and even, doesnt have a decent onboard graphic card. The WIN 10 one, we bougth last year and belongs to hubby OFC wich is for his professional use and i cant use it when i want to, specialy at the day time we all gather on server.
So... we got 2 solutions: or Suzy generously and effortlessly gives me €1.400 for me to buy a 17" screen new laptop with the latest Nvidea Gtx1080ti or €2000 minimum (peanuts in her immense fortune) for me to buy a decent CPU tower...

or...

PS is not compatible with WIN XP!

FIX IT for XP!

=@
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Mal wrote: 17 Aug 2017 12:17In between, i just installed the game 1.32c exec in the 2 laptops we have here, one with WIN 7 SO and the other the WIN 10, and, without erasing or replacing any file in the game /dirs, both update the .dll files and both load the PS engine perfectly and immediatly, showing version 0,9 loaded, so i deprehend and come to the simple conclusion that all this is because PS is not compatible with WIN XP.
Hmm might be the case then but wtf maly who uses xp nowadays :D

I bet duch will see this and will try to get a solution...
i will switch off PureSkill for the meantime, im afk today and tomorrow...
Mollusk
Granades Spammer

Post by Mollusk »

I have Win 7 64bit. The ps show me on list for about 20 min or so then looses connection, if I reconnect to server it happens again, online for 20 min then looses connection...
Mollusk
Granades Spammer

Post by Mollusk »

It works now, I deleted the 2 dll files in appdata folder.
So if anyone have same prob, then delete the current dll and exe in q3 folder and enter %appdata% in filebroswer path and hit enter, there should be a folder dont remember what its called, anticheat probably, and delete the 2 dll files inside there, then get the files from flaks post.
duch
Visitor

Post by duch »

Mal, actually I did test it on Windows XP :)

https://prnt.sc/g9re23
https://prnt.sc/g9reoy

Please make sure that you have service pack 3 installed, if you already have it post your system info (exact windows version, is it x86 or x64)
https://www.patreon.com/duch - you can support my anticheat project here if you want :)
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

Hey duch.!
Thanks for the attention to test it with XP and your quick reply.
So, i do have XP PRO x86 SP2. Once its a "pirate" OS install (common in the early 2000's) SP3 when came out late 2006 or so, was only available to install for users who had genuine OS's and i recall back then not beeing able to make it, and so like this remained untill now.
I'll try to install SP3 and post reply as soon as i can.

https://prnt.sc/gaa8gm

https://prnt.sc/gaabfk

:beer:
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

So duch. was right!!! :Yahoo!:

https://prnt.sc/gaazzs

Not only i got my SO updated with SP3 (free update given to all instals since 2014) and ready for all the updates that had been released since SP2, but i solved the PS problem!!! :Yahoo!:

https://prnt.sc/gab1om

https://prnt.sc/gab9jf

fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 13:02 wtf maly who uses xp nowadays :D
Me! Call me old fashioned, because i am old school and proudly stucked at the 90's. :evil:
Anyway, XP RULEZ! And now i got this computer... for more 18 years!!! :crazy:
Suzy may cancel the bank transfer... :D

fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 13:02 I bet duch will see this and will try to get a solution...
i will switch off PureSkill for the meantime, im afk today and tomorrow...
Thanks a lot floki!!! :friends:

duch. thanks a million mate!!! :beer:

errmmm,...

... duch. ...

... by the way...

... Are you hairy?

:twisted:
duch
Visitor

Post by duch »

Mal wrote: 19 Aug 2017 03:40 errmmm,...

... duch. ...

... by the way...

... Are you hairy?
:twisted:
Yea, hairy, fat, ugly and I'm eating pizza all the day :crazy:

Mal, you should also install https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=55245 security update for XP which protects against WannaCry (I hope you heard about it)
https://www.patreon.com/duch - you can support my anticheat project here if you want :)
stupidcat
V Clan Member

Post by stupidcat »

fl4k wrote: 17 Aug 2017 13:02 Hmm might be the case then but wtf maly who uses xp nowadays :D
ME :unknown: :crazy:

* me thinks me & my pc is even older then mal's :shock:
Mal
Ammo Waster

Post by Mal »

duch wrote: 19 Aug 2017 12:24 Mal, you should also install https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=55245 security update for XP which protects against WannaCry (I hope you heard about it)
Yeah, duch, thanks mate. I know about that update and WannaCry ransom, critical for XP. And now that i have SP3, i am able to have it already and all the updates missing since SP2. Thanks a lot for the advise.

duch wrote: 19 Aug 2017 12:24 Yea, hairy, fat, ugly and I'm eating pizza all the day :crazy:
OMG... your tha man with the right and perfect atributes i allways prize for... :shock:
Hairy... Check!
fat... Check! (who tha f*** wants a skinny, twinkish, famined, non-macho, non bulky appearance, no holding meat on the love cheeks, bone shades guy... ffs.
ugly... Well, the beauty is in the eyes of whom is beholding it. An no man is ugly with those above atributes. :roll:
pizza... Definetly check! Pizza is my midle, end and beggining name!

:Rose:

stupidcat wrote: 19 Aug 2017 20:35
ME :unknown: :crazy:

* me thinks me & my pc is even older then mal's :shock:
lol

I bought this one in late 1999 and have been making upgrades along the time since then.
Last upgrade was replacing old 2x1GB RAM for a brand new Samsung DDR 4x1GB RAM and a brand new stylish sober all black PC ATX tower case... :crazy:
mario93
Visitor

Post by mario93 »

Hey Quakers!

I was wondering how I could possibly make a shortcut (using this new PureSkill client) that would allow me to directly access the Excessive mod when the game opens the main menu. In other words, I would not like to see the default stuff when the game runs.

Thanks in advance. 8)

MAR10
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

mario93 wrote: 20 Aug 2017 18:53 Hey Quakers!

I was wondering how I could possibly make a shortcut (using this new PureSkill client) that would allow me to directly access the Excessive mod when the game opens the main menu. In other words, I would not like to see the default stuff when the game runs.

Thanks in advance. 8)

MAR10
1. Download http://www.clanv.bplaced.net/clanv/uplo ... eskill.zip
2. Put file Quake3-Excessive Plus-PureSkill.bat in your main Quake III Arena directory
3. Make a shortcut of Quake3-Excessive Plus-PureSkill.bat on desktop or place it where you want
4. Be happy :)
Dem0ndras
Visitor

Post by Dem0ndras »

ERROR: pak3.pk3 is present but its checksum (1735135629)
is not correct. Please re-install Quake 3 Arena
Point Release v1.32 pk3 files

* You need to install correct Quake III Arena files in order to play *
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Dem0ndras wrote: 29 Sep 2017 16:25 **************************************************
ERROR: pak3.pk3 is present but its checksum (1735135629)
is not correct. Please re-install Quake 3 Arena
Point Release v1.32 pk3 files

* You need to install correct Quake III Arena files in order to play *

Naprawiles se to juz? Jak nie to http://www.clanv.bplaced.net/download/pak3.pk3
mickyflinn
Granades Spammer

Post by mickyflinn »

So finally i downloaded the Pureshit anticheat thing and followed instructions but on launch of the EXE i get a microsfot runtime libary error form windows 7.

It dont work so Flak Help. :P