New Comp from scratch

All general chat goes here
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

New Comp from scratch

Post by indi »

hey guys, basically my dad went mad and said get new computer xD

he thinks a small problem on nero means we gotta get new comp LOOOL!!!!

but since this comp was bought in 2001 and just 1.6Ghz im like wahoooo

Could i just have some advice please :)

im lookin to get maybe an Intel core 2 Duo Processor... Maybe the E6700 2.66Ghz one...is there any faster except the Quad duo Chips?

are the Quad chips worth it?

also main thing is i need to know which Motherboard to get and what stuff i should look in a motherboard... coz its gotta be compatible with the processor etc... RAM ill found out... sound card ill get new... got keyboard, mouse, speakers, gotta get a monitor .. any tips? Got a DVD recorder..... absolutely any tips would be fantastic...

if you got any links or stuff to products could ya please post it here xD tnx!!!
nigga.... PLEASE!
l0st
Rocketeer

Post by l0st »

I think the best thing u can buy is Just a duo core proc the quad isn't needed with the things u play/use and i advice a asus mobo there are great :)
MOFF
V Management

Post by MOFF »

this is what i got....

amd dual core 4400+ running at 2.2gb but can be overclocked to 2.8gb
asus a8n-sli deluxe motherboard
2.5gb memory
geforce 7800GT graphics
80gb hdd

...does me ok... :D
Wax on......Wax off !
Arnott
V Clan Member

Post by Arnott »

i got a INTEL DUAL CORE 6.4 GHZ / 2GB DDR2 / 320GB / 18X DVDRW and a decent lookign case and pci-e mother board all for 220 pounds off e bay. I odnt think you could build one with them specs much cheaper

theres a pic of it. I think its a very good base system all its needs it shit hot graphcis card now. Just gotta wait for it to be deliverd....

Just reading reviews seems like it can be safely overclocked to 4.4 ghz. So that would be 8.8 ghz overall :O
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Re: New Comp from scratch

Post by YeLLoW »

indi wrote:hey guys, basically my dad went mad and said get new computer xD

he thinks a small problem on nero means we gotta get new comp LOOOL!!!!

but since this comp was bought in 2001 and just 1.6Ghz im like wahoooo

Could i just have some advice please :)

im lookin to get maybe an Intel core 2 Duo Processor... Maybe the E6700 2.66Ghz one...is there any faster except the Quad duo Chips?

are the Quad chips worth it?

also main thing is i need to know which Motherboard to get and what stuff i should look in a motherboard... coz its gotta be compatible with the processor etc... RAM ill found out... sound card ill get new... got keyboard, mouse, speakers, gotta get a monitor .. any tips? Got a DVD recorder..... absolutely any tips would be fantastic...

if you got any links or stuff to products could ya please post it here xD tnx!!!
The most powerfull dualcore in stores is X6800. but really don't buy it. you can buy another PC for his price. (smth about 600-800 euro)
E6600 is really good compare performance/price. And it can be nicely overclocket to almost to X6800 parameters (3.2GHz per core) with standart cheap cooler.
Quad core is useless until you not works with application what can work with 4 cores. If you check the charts in 3D the performance is almost the same like cpu with 2 cores.

Look for motherboard with C2D support (core 2 duo or conroe core) but i think all of them with socket LGA775 supports it now.
DVD drive i like LG. cheap but really good. look for model H50 or higher.

If you wanna compare models try this links

For VGAhttp://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html
For CPUhttp://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

current GC is ok, got LG DVD writer. but dam arnie that is cheap, i buy a lot off ebay but are the comps reliable :/ how do u overclock anyway :o
nigga.... PLEASE!
Arnott
V Clan Member

Post by Arnott »

well the guys feed back is 99.1 postive i got it off a company that sells on e bay so i assume its all above board. I payed through pay pal and all it says is paymeant pending plus he hasnt got back to any of my messages i sent

So time will tell i guess.

Overclocking is differant for most cpus but step by step guides are pretty easy to find. if jsut google your cpu name and overclock.
l0st
Rocketeer

Post by l0st »

Overclocking is gay :L very bad for your pc is only works real good with aqua cooling the performance is always going backwards... after a while and when u put it back to default performance it still shit
MOFF
V Management

Post by MOFF »

you can overclock it in most recent bios versions but true i wouldnt recomend it if ya dont know much about it thats why i have left mine as standard but even that is fast enough :o
Wax on......Wax off !
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

what u guys honestly think of this??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DESKTOP-PC-AMD-AM ... dZViewItem

Basically

£320 = €475 = $640
AMD AM2 X2 5600 (2x2.8Ghz)
+ ASUS motherboard
2GB DDR2
300Gb HD

motherboard looks kinda small to me :/
nigga.... PLEASE!
boom
V Management

Post by boom »

indi if you wanna mostly game on it go idd for amd is still better than pent,looks good for a core system...
Image women need a reason for sex,men just need a place:)
wonkey
Site Admin

Post by wonkey »

Indi, if your Dad is buying another PC, does this mean your house will have 2 PCs in? You'll have twice as much chance of getting on a PC then! :)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

You'll have twice as much chance of getting on a PC then!
Hell no.... His sister will be on the old one and his brother and father will be on the new one....

Indi, get back to the internet cafe!!!
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

true wonkey! we will hav 2 :) but both sharing Sky broadband LOL

and true pj lol!

jus as i read that my dad asked if my sis wanted to go on comp LOL

but my bro gna get a laptop soon :D :D whoopie!!!

i think we gna go for intel core 2 duo tho, its not gna b a "gaming" comp but ill try to find 1 tho lol

however i thlnk my dad jus wana spend maybe £350 then we get a monitor too, any tips on monitors up to £150 - hopefully 19"+

we aint spendin much coz we re-doin the whole living room
nigga.... PLEASE!