NEW LEAGUE IN THE MAKING

Wanna arrange a cw/friendly this is the place.
the'd1ze
OTU Clan Member

NEW LEAGUE IN THE MAKING

Post by the'd1ze »

this post will update as more details are added..

it's time to start a league to make the 1.16 community competetive again. the idea is to attract more teams for every "season" that goes by. it'll be easy for new clans to sign up cause the seasons'll be very short.

the league will be called:
FTL - the FreezeTag League

BASICS.
the server settings will be equall to [*V*] FreezE and oTu Freezeground, except some minor changes (like meltingtime after jumping into lava 14sec, warmup 90sec, timelimit 20 & that servers will be run with nemisis). Those servers will be 2 out of hopefully 3 or 4 gameservers during the tournements.

the rules are going to be based on what the servers limits you to do. so camping, saying "f*ck you" and thawstealing (hehe) will be allowed. teams will be locked to 5. if one clan acts wrongfully, a majority-vote can be made by the clanleaders of the different clans to remove a team from the tournament.

every clan will play two games against each other (20min/map, 3 maps). hometeam will chose server, colors and all three maps. the season-winner will be decided by map wins (not cw wins), so if a match ends 2-1 that's how many points each clan will recieve from that game. the 3 map-choices have to be different after all teams have played against eachother twice, a playoff will be played illimination-style. the teams ending on the upper half of the score-table will benifit full advantage during the playoffs (wich'll force every clan to fight for every single map-point pre-playoffs).

players may only play for one clan during the tournament.
clans can not split into two teams.

MAPLIST.
6++
q3dm6
q3dm7
q3dm8
q3dm13+
q3dm14
overkill
imr3dm1
ospdm8
teddm1

WHAT IF'S & WHY'S..

why play 3x20 min instead of the regular fraglimit 10?:
with fraglimit 10, the games will without a doubt be much shorter. unless we would play like 5 maps.
IMO I belive that there are more strategic possiblities in this kind of system. a clan will not have to present their mapchoice until both clans are ready to start the game. plus overtime is the ultimate kick! :)

why the longer respawntime after lavajums and "shoot-ins"?:
to reduce the advantage of teams masscamping, forcing teams to move around to be able to control powerups and weaponspawns. this makes the maps more ballanced as they were designed to be. most maps with lava (and that green stuff ^^) are more valueble where the possibility of suiciding and "shoot-ins" is. and mostly sertain powerups or weapon-placings are found around those areas.

why the startup weapons and "zero drops"?:
also to balance the maps better. making weapons as important to hold as powerups. so if you empty all you ammo (spam), you better make sure to be picking up weapons or that ammo.

why can't big clans split into two teams?:
it's to make sure that a "team" don't turn up one or more players short.
this will also garantée that every clan can have full access to their best players.

why not just start with default weapons?:
cause this wont attract enough 1.16 players + that it wouldnt be freeze-tag 1.16-style.

why give the best team all advantage in the play-off?:
it'll force you to fight for every single map point during the season. plus, I don't think any team'll be that big of an underdog cuase of mapchoices. ofcourse it'll do it's difference, but IMO not enough for it to be unfair.

why allow people to use faul language?
well, who's to judge where to draw the line? and in what situations?
IMO, anyone who's getting provoced by someone swearing during war is just stuping to their level. And the person who is acting like an asshole ^^ is just ruining his own joy of the game and embaressing his own team. rules like: spectators chatting openly during the game or anyone using their own language, are going to be overlooked cause there's no point in limiting poeple that know less of the game/rules or the english language and get punished for it. there are no real benifits to using a different language since we expect all clans/teams to use teamspeak or any other software enabling voice-communication during wars.and when it comes to the annoying sound of poeple chatting, this feature can be turned off with nemesis(that will be obligatory during the tournement).

why can't a clan chose the same map 2 or 3 times?:
to make the match more dynamic. I mean 60 min on the same map? come on! ^^

what if someone is cheating?
first off.. since there'll be no referees
(though perhaps a server-referee from a clan not in perticipationg in that game)
it'll have to be up to the person or people suspecting a cheater to record a demo and later discuss it with other clanleaders to make a majority decition about if that player should be banned or not. if infact that player is found guilty. the points that his clan has gained during maps he/she has perticipated on, will be lost. (though not given to the clan who the cheater played against (becuase one player cheating most likely didnt effected the outcome that much, since the benifits of cheating really arent that large anymore. players are simply too good to use it against today.))

what if one clan are one or several players short?
1# this is a 5v5 tournament, but if a team is no less then 1 player short (4 players present) the game can still be played. the team that has enough players can however still use 5 during the game if they want. (even if played the whole game 4v4 and feel that they really wamt to score a map-point and chose to add 1 (making it 5vs4), most likely securing the map.

2# if a clan don't have enough players, they will lose by W.O (walk over) giving the three map points to the other clan.
for the team winning by W.O the game will count as a "home-game" even if it's set to "away-game". just to even it out so one clan donesnt risk getting too lucky with clans leaving W.Os, giving them a too much advantage for playoffs. if the team has already played it's "home-game" and win it's "away-game" by W.O. they'll still be awarded their three points.

3# now.. if both clans are short of players (anything from 4vs3 to 1vs0 ^^), the game will just be reschedualled.

remember: this kind of competition is just for fun. all you can win is having a good time. the perpouse of competing at this level is entirely to make 1.16 a more enjoyable place to play Quake III arena, all weapon freeze-tag. why we've decided to set the tournament this way, is cause this is the way we enjoy playing quake. for anyone not liking the rules and
setting that we have provided: we recommend you to not perticipate.. however if are very interested in influencing the tournament to raise the quality, inputs and recommendations are well apriciated.

please excuse my bad spelling. after all, I learned my english grammatics in sweden :)

thank you! /the'd1ze
Last edited by the'd1ze on 26 May 2007 17:39, edited 17 times in total.
wonkey
Site Admin

Post by wonkey »

Lets hope this league manages to run well .... can you ban anyone under the age of 21? :P

I'd like these league matches can be played on Nemesis Servers? If so we can force every player to use the Nemesis Client if they want to play - this will help reduce the chance of cheats as you can only use one client at a time. Any features that would be beneficial to the tournament should be mentioned too and we can consider developing them.

Having maps a set time length is a good idea too as first to 10 is boring all the time.

End of league there is the knockouts where the best teams get advantage. Perhaps this can be choice of 2 maps (lower rank team chooses 1) and/or choice of server?
Last edited by wonkey on 22 May 2007 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
the'd1ze
OTU Clan Member

Post by the'd1ze »

I have added what I missed to say previouse to your post. Thank you for the add-ons.

however, when it comes to benifiting from ending well during the season, I think the current rules/settings still are good. it'll force you to fight for every single map point pre-playoffs. plus, I don't think any team'll be that big of an underdog cuase of mapchoices. ofcourse it'll do it's difference but IMO not enough for it to be unfair.

btw, m putting up a map-list proposal today
abi
Camper

Post by abi »

where we can reginster our clans ?? :P
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Here will do Abi.

Dize will put you on the list.
Solar
Visitor

Post by Solar »

New league :!:
Raz
V Clan Member

Post by Raz »

This is awsome the league might pump some life into 1.16n.
abi
Camper

Post by abi »

sure......... but u will not find many clans 2 put them into this league :roll:
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

whats the schedule for the league? :D

when n what times will the matches be? :D
nigga.... PLEASE!
the'd1ze
OTU Clan Member

Post by the'd1ze »

okay, we need one more clan. going to make the first season a winner loosers- brackets type of tournament
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

synth came up with this random team plan, dunno whats gonna happen

but im gonna try really hard to get kurwa to enter....

im sure there's some turret team members who will try anyhow, dunno when lobotom is back.. he wud play, artist would, there are sum kurwa members out there who would, but i wanna play for V anyways :P

how many should i try to get if i can?
nigga.... PLEASE!
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

hmm, actually i think kurwa might just enter....
nigga.... PLEASE!
synth
ich habe ein kleines Mitglied

Post by synth »

okay, since iam the only one that tries to get a last team for the league ima post the news of my tries.
i asked Indi to post the league on the (KURWA) forum. so he did.(http://www.kurwa-clan.co.uk/kurwa/html/ ... opic&t=305). thx again Indi. the replies so far ainT enough to let us know that (KURWA) might join. we gotta wait some more replies from different members.
iam also in touch with three clans from 1.32. FUN and BOL clan that play mostly on THE DOG FREEZE servers and KO clan that comes from excessive+ freeze. those 3 clans are about to check the settings and their players for the league.
also iam talking to 2 single players that might create an extra team for this league. same as the 1.32 clans, they need to check how many members they can get and if the settings are agreeable.
another idea i had yesterday is, to ask single players from 1.16n aw community to play with others in a team. not as a clan. just as a random team. players we can trust and behave since they also play for years and are know in the community also for skillful gaming. dunno if that could work, but i already have 3-4 players that might come up with this idea. also i'd like to have opinions about that random team as a 4th team that might join. is that ok or is it not? if its not iam not asking around anymore and waste my time!
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

houston, we have a problem

ankd is back and wants to play in this league, he would lead the kurwa team, and i think kurwa might actually play..... but u got the random team dam...

technically mollusk is kurwa :P

anyone can join tho hehe :P
nigga.... PLEASE!
BoraX
Map Warper

Post by BoraX »

yo all =)

im from the random team dam ^^

we have enough players to play i think..

Actually, me, rico, az, jean and urza (all ex uV) van'gambler and liquid can play, liquid will ask bast too

if all is fine, cu in the arena =)
abi
Camper

Post by abi »

well if i good c we have enought teams 2 start this ***** league ;P Synth tell me on msn which teams will play first and other stuff :P C Ya all on aRena :****
synth
ich habe ein kleines Mitglied

FreezeTag Tournament READY TO GO!

Post by synth »

did all possible to start this whole thing! more info are on http://www.otu.quakeclan.de/. i added an own menu on the upper right of oTu site. so lets start this guys!
Lanicor
V Clan Member

Post by Lanicor »

let's get it on already... and tell kurwa they should play because we're making history here... we will be remembered as people that kept 1.16 alive ;) :P
In the beginning there was god... then i made everything else.
GreenPeace
Ammo Waster

Re: NEW LEAGUE IN THE MAKING

Post by GreenPeace »

i've not much to do with this but putting anti-camper is an intelligent idea... some clans will be noobish and camp the whole map to win ...
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

lol mate this topic is a bit out of date :D
Ping f*cking matters
GreenPeace
Ammo Waster

Post by GreenPeace »

omg, i havent looked @ the date xD omgomgomg 2007 -.- :oops: