New maps

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
kaska
Site Admin

New maps

Post by kaska »

I think its about time we get some bigger maps in rotation. Lately the server is full most of the time and when its above 12 its gets really spammy.
My opinion is not to add a new map in rotation, but replace and old one with a bigger one.

Pls V members post here for suggestion about what map you don't like in rotation and what you would prefer.
EnZyMe-ZuM
V Clan Member

Post by EnZyMe-ZuM »

Replace DM7 by 7++ ? I know 7++ is sometimes played but in rotation I guess it's still DM7.

Also, a map I love (and which is quite big) is Hidden Fortress... its only problem is that it's included in dc_mappack (dc_map07). Great map anyway, maybe we could give it a go, using it in a training or what ?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

This is always a bit tricky Kas,

I agree in the evenings we do get spammy maps because we have 12 to 14 players in....but what about at other times where this is only 3 or 4 players....big maps would be a bit boring. I did set up the modes via referee. (which all management has the pass). Currently we use /ref mode frz which is our standard map rotation. I set up one a while back with all the 3wave maps in. I can set up as many map packs you like with bigger/smaller maps...just say the word. As I said though, Only management will be able to put these modes on.

if you do think that a couple of maps in the rotation do need replacing just let me know.

pj
EnZyMe-ZuM
V Clan Member

Post by EnZyMe-ZuM »

Multiple map rotations would be a nice idea too :)
uber
V Clan Member

Post by uber »

Please DONT change dm7, dm7 is my favourite map!

Is it possible to have different map rotations depending on how many players there are? Dont know how the server works but:

if(number_players>12)
rotation1
else
rotation2

if this is not possible i think it is good now, sometimes spammy but spammy is better than large maps with few players.

also i miss dm6 which is a very nice map, should be in rotation.

also the osp maps in rotation are really nice, keep them.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

i think there is no such a thing like autoexec rotation :(
but we could have 2 rotation and after 19-20h is there atleast one referee to change it anyways :)
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

you can let the Ref's execute vstr commands... /ref vstr "whatever"
nigga.... PLEASE!
Anarchy
Rocketeer

Post by Anarchy »

I hope you won't mind I will express my opinion too, even though I am not a V member, but I hope I can help a little :P
I strongly agree with kommando, dm7 is great and big enough map, 7++ is total crap compared to precision with which dm7 was designed.
Obviously too small map is cpm2, but that differs from point of view. For 4v4 it is a great nice map, but using all private slots it becomes much too crowded without even possibility to respawn. So during whole day it is perfect map, but in the evenings it becomes almost unplayable.
I would definitely keep 6++,dm7 and Overkill since they are generally accepted and we all like them i suppose.

Considering new maps or re-establishing old maps i suggest ospdm6 since it is big enough for higher amount of players. Then maybe ospdm11 could be nice from osp maps.

Last two maps are a bit different but maybe they could help to entertain in new ways and could bring certain pleasant changes. First one is Quatrix, dunno if somebody remembers, but it was played on Speedtek years ago and it's funny, dynamic map and big enough i suppose. And it makes you feel like Neo aswell :D
And last map I considered is japanctf though it is designed for ctf, but also it is a creative and dynamic map and really big, ideal for 6v6 or so. Nevertheless, I am not sure whether ctf maps are possible to put into rotation or maybe there could be some difficulties with the amount of powerups.
Anarchy
Rocketeer

Post by Anarchy »

And checking again kommando's answer, I do agree with all he said, dm6 is perfect map, osp maps in current rotation aswell
Arnott
V Clan Member

Post by Arnott »

I think we need more maps in rotation
gets borring playing the same ones over and over

Id suggest dm 11 , 14 , 15, 18, any of the pro maps, IMR3DM1, theres a map called hope i like, 1++ is a good one.

Plus no matter what maps you pick people will spam, best thing to do if you dont like it is either spec or leave. Plus we have alot of members now all with private slot pass and your getting 6vs6 + games which is too much on most of the maps we have in rotation.

Theres at least 5 members with private slot password who never turn up for practice or wars but constantly use the password and if they do turn up its only because the server happens to be locked when they wanna play. We could either leave it like it is, limit public slots to 8, or change the password every week and only give it to the people who turn up for practice and the people who pay for the server.

People forget the maps was designed back when 56k was still around and was not designed to have so many players on them. The only maps that where designed to have alot of players on them are the ctf maps.
Arnott
V Clan Member

Post by Arnott »

i think dm 6 is too small for anything more then 4v4, i have a dm6 remix map which is basicly like dm6 jsut a bit bigger.
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

There were some of those custom maps that used to be on rotation that were pretty good, also i think you should try out new custom maps... Big is the way to go! lol

DM7, DM6 - the big version whatever its called, should stay, i think dm14 was good. try exploring brand new custom maps, or putting back some of the ones that aren't in rotation
nigga.... PLEASE!
taz-man
The Gimp

Post by taz-man »

i think it would be good to have uberkill in large map busy times rotation

and also keep 6++

and a fun one assault
Image anyone seen my mask ?
EnZyMe-ZuM
V Clan Member

Post by EnZyMe-ZuM »

indi wrote:i think dm14 was good
+1, dm14 is a very good map, medium-sized, nice places to make lil' funny tricks. I'd definitely keep it.

As for 6++ it's very nice too, as we saw on yesterday's training ;)
kaska
Site Admin

Post by kaska »

First of all sorry for my 1st post saying (pls V members post here for suggestion about what map.....) since this topic is for all players playing in the server.

I would like to agree with 1++ I like alot this map but not dm6 , 6++ its the same map but bigger and I prefer it.
I love uberkill but we tried it and it takes ages to finish.

What i don't understand is that if u go at http://lvlworld.com/ there is thousands of maps and we are stuck to the same rotation.
Lets change 1 map at least in rotation.
EnZyMe-ZuM
V Clan Member

Post by EnZyMe-ZuM »

I agree about finding new maps...

But now I think about it I'm wondering... are the following maps still in rotation ?

- polo3dm5
- ztndm1/tourney1 (don't remember, maybe both)
- hub3aeroq3 (don't remember if I saw it on *V* or another serv)

...and such not-so-famous dm maps which I love. I know they aren't big but if we choose to do multiple rotations and we need new smaller maps, those ones are pretty good.

As for big maps I love uberkill, it's quite big but people keep enjoying it I think.
Arnott
V Clan Member

Post by Arnott »

i tryed a few maps out today, i like map hope but wasnt enough on to try it, 1++ is defentily one we should have in rotation imr3dm1 was a bit spammy with alot of players on, i liked the q3dm6remix map but not sure what others thought of it , ospdm6 seemed popular.
indi
nigga.... PLEASE!

Post by indi »

funny thing was, coz arnie was there, whenever i found him i followed him around the maps, and it actually worked out pretty well lol
nigga.... PLEASE!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

OK....i've added a couple of map packs.....see other post for details.
If you don't like something then let me know as it is all easily changable.

PJ
kaska
Site Admin

Re: New maps

Post by kaska »

I really hate that 7++ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: .

What about replacing it with that big dm13 (never remember).

Cheers
The voices are telling me to kill you!
Zei
V Management

Post by Zei »

Yeh i agree with Kaska

Make as many changes as you wish .

But please for change this 7++
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

7++ replaced with q3dm7
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

paul wrote:7++ replaced with q3dm7
vote yes
Ping f*cking matters
bone
V Clan Member

Post by bone »

vote accepted loading map q3dm7 :good: