Client settings

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
Niero
Rocketeer

Re: Client settings

Post by Niero »

btw paul
paul wrote: Neiro,
Just you remember that your actions will have consiquences. I know your internet providers. You can change but if you take me on there will only be one winner and it wont be you. This is no threat its a promise.
my name is written in an other way
and i should remember about consiquences? what there are i cant play on V anymore? U thought about that i may dont wanna play there anymore? so it also doent matter when it crashed every day. but i belive there are ppl whe care about that.
i just want to get unbaned and not even in a week ... remember u arent the only one who can play unfair coz your team is with u :P
Wasai
n? Clan Member

Post by Wasai »

Server favours ppl with low ping. It's not something new.;-)

So if server will be passworded forever can anyone send me a password on mail?:p
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

dont worry warsai there are also protections against that what happend and may pj are doing it right now may he dont care at all or even he has no idea what hes doing-- by watching the rules i am 4 the last opinion :ROFL:
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Niero wrote:dont worry warsai there are also protections against that what happend and may pj are doing it right now may he dont care at all or even he has no idea what hes doing-- by watching the rules i am 4 the last opinion :ROFL:

You drew first blood Niero... You are no longer welcome. You think you can bully me with your threats?
You have already put in writing that you crashed the server and you will continue to until you get unbanned...well I wonder what the police would say in your country. You were banned for your disregard for others. You choose not to accept it, thats not my problem. I am certainly not unbanning you just because you threaten me or the server. You just continue to hide behind your proxy ips.
Better still....why not play on a server with no morals like 208.167.245.175:27960
where they bitch all the time about cheating.

And for the last time V server doesnt favour low pingers. Its upto you if you choose our server to play on.
Wasai, with your ping your not the worst player there.....so why say that about favouring?
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

I didnt care about it at all until someone came and kicked me 4 having a high timenudge.. than i banned without any warning. As u see i can still connect even u go ahaid to password it all the time but this will let your server die.
What was it what i wanted? Unbanning thats all. was there any crash the last 5 hours? no some bots there? no so long as we are talking i wouldn't do anything. But faking me up with no argrumented statements makes me sick. Is it so hard to remove my ip from the list? i mean its suturday evening and your server is empty... in my eyes u allready lost.

AH an about police in my country.. what u wanna do ? saying them...* theres a little kid whos faking my server up?* comeon we now it better.
stay nice and get a protection 4 your servers.. i was woudnering how easy it is to block it to crash it or even to get the rcon. Stay nice and may when we get to the same point i can show u how to protect them may it could be usefull in other ways so far as u want that.
Wasai
n? Clan Member

Post by Wasai »

I'm talking about shotgun. The most unpredictable weapon. No one will say that it shoot that same if u have ping 30 and 60. This gun is bugged. I guess many players with ping 30 don't have problems with SG and they don't know what i'm talking about. Mostly players with higher ping complain it. I write what i see. Second funny thing is guy with lower ping always shoot first.:PP But i don't wanna chat about it. :D I've just asked about the password.:p

@edit
PS: Players with max packets 30 don't lag to me. I rly don't understand this all rules. It's going about the lag so why players have to have high max packets? :)
Last edited by Wasai on 12 Dec 2009 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

I know it feels hard to lose the control of your own server and the thing is it cost a hudge mount of money. Its not that funny 4 me doing this the other point is i have something like a brain and when i am gone use it there happends strange things :D

Dont waste your time and money. Unbann me or give me a reason why banned me at all. I wish to get a reason i am not your 4 years old child where u can say it is how it is. Stay fair and i am doing it also. I also dont want to fight the big hacking and protection server war.
so make a desicion

gredings
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Niero wrote:I know it feels hard to lose the control of your own server and the thing is it cost a hudge mount of money. Its not that funny 4 me doing this the other point is i have something like a brain and when i am gone use it there happends strange things :D

Dont waste your time and money. Unbann me or give me a reason why banned me at all. I wish to get a reason i am not your 4 years old child where u can say it is how it is. Stay fair and i am doing it also. I also dont want to fight the big hacking and protection server war.
so make a desicion

gredings
1/ Lost control?
2/ Go ahead and use your brain. 1 week ban is for not complying to the settings. You have been warned on several occasions before the ban. You also jumped straight into playing when i told you i was banning you...arrogant?? Yes its Saturday night. I hope you take a time out to consider your actions and not threaten the server. You are not 4 years old but if I dont unban you then you will throw your toys out of the pram until you get your own way? Well Mister it doesn't work like that. I have been fair but you think your threats will get you unbanned>?

3/ There you have your reasons.... 1/ Not changing your settings 2/ Chrashing the server 3/ Constant threats thinking that I may have a heart. 4/
I also dont want to fight the big hacking and protection server war.
need i say any more on this one? Your not wasting my time or engery all you are doing is upsetting all your old friends on here.

4/ I made my decision or were you not paying attention?
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

so u dont have a heart? how sad the crashing blocking think is the result for the acting here and when i am banned 4 live now why i should not acting like u said?

the only thing i warned 4 what that my timenudge is to high than yellow wrote it in console also.. ok so far so good but generally i had a problem with it and as i wanted to discuss it u get kicked and kicked and kicked than banned(and show me your warning) than banned banned banned without any posibility to change anything or to complain something. Then comes your biggest argument "its our server we can deside how u live your life" ble bla blu.

now say me in witch point u were fair? in my opinion the ban wasnt fair and even 4 a week. THAT IS THE FIRST UNFAIR POINT. now u are using arguments 4 it what happend after the banning-- threating u and server and players crash down the whole world and so on.

What u dont understand is the main thing i have done with it.. otherwise u never would talk that much about this theme. AN i shown u up hardly protection problems but so far u dont belive u wouldnt change anything.
Allright thats it. i dont attack your server anylonger thats my word but may u learned something out of this here
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

sry that wasnt me at all forget to close it :P
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Server
is
full
please
try
again
later

....lmao

This is your idea of not attacking the server.....hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

i said sry
and i am files and scrip are deleted right now.. K? =@
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

on the other hand whys i didnt fixed it xD
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Niero what happend to you?
Ping f*cking matters
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

what do u belive what happend. read the post may u can feel like me may u can understand it. u can unset the password when u want. the scriot was running and i said sry as u see it will not happend again from my side. Play with your rule i will never show up again but still respect other players and dont act like that what u are doing right now...
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

256 kiloBYTE???

I am not sure about what u are talking but NO ONE NOOOOOOO FAKING ONE in germany can reach that upload.. 110 is maximum 4 privat users!
256kilobites = 32 kilobytes so NO ONE NOOOOOO FAKING ONE can reach 32kB upload? When Germany moved to Africa and running again on dial up modems?
u say its a client setting... thats wrong test it put it above 500 and u will see u will lag 4 other ppl also.. and to limit it to 40 is also .. a way of making low pingers a better playing.
No i see how "deep" knowledge about this you have. Probably there will be only you using -500.
But i was talking about normal healthy ppl.
Limit it to -40 is logical choice. higher number is insane. And its only you using it. And it was added to rulz only becouse of you so please...
Also your new config setting.. i meant the game exist now 4 8 years.. who cares about your client settings i saw noone really NOONE lagging or even warping with maxpackets 40
4/8 years ago there was only lamers playing who wanted just to pickup RL and shoot around.
If you think our settings is crap go ahead and write a letter to punkbuster creators and tell then what useless crap did they created.
u think your settings are right? get the meaning of it, not what u think, go ahaid AND READ WHAT THEY ARE EXACTLY DOING !!!! IN ALL WAYS !!!!
Are you kidding me? you with your "NO FAKING ONE in germany have 256kb upload" you want to tell me to go read what these settings does? i spend x hours reading different forums and explanations so FAKING pleaaaase save it!!
Ping f*cking matters
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Niero wrote:i will never show up again
I trully hope in this. Because you made pretty many enemies here.
Ping f*cking matters
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Wasai wrote:I'm talking about shotgun. The most unpredictable weapon. No one will say that it shoot that same if u have ping 30 and 60. This gun is bugged. I guess many players with ping 30 don't have problems with SG and they don't know what i'm talking about. Mostly players with higher ping complain it. I write what i see. Second funny thing is guy with lower ping always shoot first.:PP But i don't wanna chat about it. :D I've just asked about the password.:p

@edit
PS: Players with max packets 30 don't lag to me. I rly don't understand this all rules. It's going about the lag so why players have to have high max packets? :)
Wasai this is 1.16 the weapons are bugged even with 0 ping....
When fatman will be connected, ask him to set his maxpackets to 30 and watch the magic...
Ping f*cking matters
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Niero wrote:what do u belive what happend. read the post may u can feel like me may u can understand it. u can unset the password when u want. the scriot was running and i said sry as u see it will not happend again from my side. Play with your rule i will never show up again but still respect other players and dont act like that what u are doing right now...
Niero.....

I do respect all that follow a few short rules. The rules are set by the managment team I assembled. The referees are there to enforce the rules for the one reason that we dont have punkbuster! If we did then you would be restricted by that and that alone. As for my acting...i need an oscar! or any award :P

I wish i could also ban 333FPS but thats never gonna happen. We all have come along way with this game and I personally don't want to see it die out because of one or 2 individuals that think (or know) that they know best.
You all have your own opinons about me and the way we run the server. Some of you dont like the maps any more.
Well all i can say is that you can't please every body all of the time. I have more refs now that can change maps on request. If we do not have the maps then request it on the forum.

If we don't see you again Niero please do have a good Christmas and I hope that you get some good games for your xbox or PS3 what ever you have.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Wasai wrote:Server favours ppl with low ping. It's not something new.;-)
I don't understand this post. How exactly do we favour lowpingers? timenudge help also to highpingers same way as to lowpingers. You realy think if you set maxpackets to 100 it will trully send 100 packets each second?
100 is the optimal value for everyone. it depends on you maxfps settings how much packets are send.
With my old connection i had same ping as you have. And i was on maxpackets 100 anyways. Because i knew it is right, seriouse 1.32 clanservers has this setting in punkbuster, so they also want to flavour lowpingers?
Just tell me that its my or Pj's misstake that you have 60 ping and i will have enough. We are sorry for your ping is that enough? Or should we buy you an appartment in UK with optic connection so you could have 10 ping?
Im sorry for my reaction but im realy pissed about this.
Why ppl always complains about server or client settings? Why you ppl just don't buy your own server and use there maxpackets 8, snaps 666, rate 95 or cl_whatthefuckingeveryouwant i don't care.
Ping f*cking matters
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

ajajajaj pj your last sentence goes.. in the wrong way i am not a gamestation player child. i respect it that u have still runiing your server thats not the piont. punkbuster.. come on as we now its also useless it makes some cheating doors close but open new one. But even dont force ppl to use cfgs. i dont mean rate or snaps even maxpackets are ok when they arent to low but come on timenudge was a rule setting coz of me??? noone said here or even to my why It is not allowed to set it that high ( i know the answer but when u say it u acctualy need to forbit it in my opinion).
HF & GL

Bye
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

and Niero about the upload.

The worst connection offering by your ISP Alice-dsl is

Internet-Flatrate mit bis zu 16.000 kbit/s
(Upload bis zu 1024 kbit/s)

so pleeeeease :)))))
Ping f*cking matters
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Niero wrote:noone said here or even to my why It is not allowed to set it that high
Exactly this is why we did add it into ruls... ppl can't defend that there is no such a rule.
Ping f*cking matters
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

yellow btw may it goes past to u but all this servers use delag 2.. its a diffrent to set your cfg 4 a delag 0 or a delag 2 server.. u put setting on a highpinger nearly cant use with delag 0 ... and "timenudge is also 4 highpingers" ye truth.. but let me think about that.. u has a ping of ehm 30 maybe and put TN to -30 its like a ping of 0.. but when u start with a ping of 60-70 u still have 30-40 ping... and now say my that 0.30 sek cant make a diffrence in quake..

edit
u made the mistake u said kb it stand for kilobyte.. otherwise u has to write kbit. OK ? IT Standart. and my connection is UP TO 16kbit .. i only get 6Mbit down and something like 500kbit up.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

yellow btw may it goes past to u but all this servers use delag 2.. its a diffrent to set your cfg 4 a delag 0 or a delag 2 server
we have expierces with delag 2, and its even wors. Yeah ppl play like with 0 ping but there is a mess around "shooting behind corners"
u put setting on a highpinger nearly cant use
High ping not always means slow connection. In these days, with advance connection speeds and technology it means mostly the range and route between server and client.
You can have 10M/1M like i had and i had 60 ping anyways. But yeahppl can have slow upload 2. Thats why we set range of maxpacket 63 to 100.
u has a ping of ehm 30 maybe and put TN to -30 its like a ping of 0.. but when u start with a ping of 60-70 u still have 30-40 ping... and now say my that 0.30 sek cant make a diffrence in quake..
lol i never said that 30ms is nothing. I realy know it is difference. But as i said to wasai i just can not change it. It is gived by ISP what kind of ping you will have. And when you connecting from Poland to UK whats around 2000km +- you just can not expect to have 30 ping.
u made the mistake u said kb it stand for kilobyte.. otherwise u has to write kbit. OK ? IT Standart
I am from oldschool where kb are kilobites and kB are kilobytes.
Ping f*cking matters
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

ajajajaj pj your last sentence goes.. in the wrong way i am not a gamestation player child
You don't have to be a child to enjoy video games. But hey thats your bat!

As I said, If we don't see you have a good Christmas. You might want to think about changing your isp if your ping is that bad from Germany to London. Looking at your traceroute you go via 2 servers in the USA.
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

YeLLoW wrote: I am from oldschool where kb are kilobites and kB are kilobytes.
Come on u are jumping between "oldschool" and new futer where everybody has a 100Mbit connection. deside where you stand.
YeLLoW wrote: u has a ping of ehm 30 maybe and put TN to -30 its like a ping of 0.. but when u start with a ping of 60-70 u still have 30-40 ping... and now say my that 0.30 sek cant make a diffrence in quake..

lol i never said that 30ms is nothing. I realy know it is difference. But as i said to wasai i just can not change it. It is gived by ISP what kind of ping you will have. And when you connecting from Poland to UK whats around 2000km +- you just can not expect to have 30 ping.
nice!! and now explain me why i can set it up to .. what ever my faking ping is? ( i chose a to high timenudge i know 4 just shoing up what can happen)
YeLLoW wrote:e have expierces with delag 2, and its even wors. Yeah ppl play like with 0 ping but there is a mess around "shooting behind corners"
there are everytime pro and conra.. and as u know u dont shout around coners when u take the things physicaly right?

I dont have any problems with rules about handling players in a way of playing friendly i only have on when u force (some) players to has a worther gameplay as other ppl has. Its a kind of advantage.
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

lol pj stop tracing me otherwithe i go over 500 server when i want to. but still i am not in berlin anymore and i need to take what i get here. :x
Wasai
n? Clan Member

Post by Wasai »

YeLLoW wrote: I don't understand this post.
But It's not a problem for you to answer me.;-)
YeLLoW wrote:How exactly do we favour lowpingers?
10 rails at the start for example. For me it should be 7 rockets and 5 rails. Usually ppl with higher ping play more with rockets than low pingers because it's harder to hit. I didn't make it up. I've just wroten what i saw. And please don't call them a spamers. If you wanna call someone a spamer it should be railer with low ping beacause he dosen't care about the ammo for rocket luncher.:P Besides players with max packets 30 don't lag to others.
YeLLoW wrote:With my old connection i had same ping as you have.
No you didn't have that same ping. You had ping about 50-55 so don't lie to me.:D
YeLLoW wrote:Just tell me that its my or Pj's misstake that you have 60 ping and i will have enough. We are sorry for your ping is that enough? Or should we buy you an appartment in UK with optic connection so you could have 10 ping?
I've never complain on my ping. Just on seetings. I'm not pro so i don't know what's wrong.:) But i know before server crashed couple of months ago config was better. However this appartment sounds good but i prefer penthouse so take action.:D
YeLLoW wrote:Why ppl always complains about server or client settings? Why you ppl just don't buy your own server and use there maxpackets 8, snaps 666, rate 95 or cl_whatthefuckingeveryouwant i don't care.
People complains becasue they used to play at V server for years and they're pissed when something it's wrong.
YeLLoW wrote: Wasai this is 1.16 the weapons are bugged even with 0 ping....
When fatman will be connected, ask him to set his maxpackets to 30 and watch the magic...
Yes i wanna watch magic but I think i saw a lot of magic with SG. Huge damage taken from large distance. Shotgun it's a local BFG:P With low ping this weapon it's incredible and don't say it's only my opinion. Many players say that.
YeLLoW wrote: we have expierces with delag 2, and its even wors. Yeah ppl play like with 0 ping but there is a mess around "shooting behind corners"
But there was one advantage. Players had that same chance. However I liked to play at V2. A lof of fun.

btw: I don't wanna continue this conversetion because it won't change anything. You just will say that I complain, whine etc.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

But It's not a problem for you to answer me.
I just want to put things right. I don't understand this post because everyone knows that highpinger do have advantage against lowpinger. And there is nothing we can do about it.
10 rails at the start for example. For me it should be 7 rockets and 5 rails. Usually ppl with higher ping play more with rockets than low pingers because it's harder to hit. I didn't make it up. I've just wroten what i saw. And please don't call them a spamers. If you wanna call someone a spamer it should be railer with low ping beacause he dosen't care about the ammo for rocket luncher. Besides players with max packets 30 don't lag to others.
Realy? How then comes that scud or luc are devils with rail even with 60+ ping? Does not that just means that they can aim a bit forward the player? It calls "know how to play with ping". I did not say that weapons are not bugged. But they are not so high as you think. Especialy not rail.
Nah guys you even don't know what spammer means. According to you if some1 shoot with rail 10x and all 10 shots are hit, he is a spammer right? But thats not the truth. Spammer is a guy who shooting constantly with highrate(plasma) or explosion weapons (rocket, granades) to one place in hope some1 will get across of his shooting range.
99% no hit, and then on last shot maybe he will kill someone. or hurt some1.

Second don't forget that this is freeze where we should not care about ammo. We should set all ammo to very high numbers but we can not do that because of spammers. True spammers. If we set 5 rockets, 5 rail, 5 sg with full server you will be out of ammo very soon, and then will be no freezemod anymore, but just a vq3 where you run mostly with mg or gauntlet. I do not like 5 rockets on start. its not enough. But if you think like it was before, start ammo 10, each next pickup +10, weapon drop when ppl get kill, after few seconds you have over 50 ammo to RL i can sure you, there will be no needed to save ammo anymore, so everyone would just keep the left mouse pressed. This is what you want? I don't think so.
But ok. I increased RL ammo to 7 and decreased rg ammo to 7. This should helo you a bit and should not bring the spammers back.
No you didn't have that same ping. You had ping about 50-55 so don't lie to me.
I can send you some screens. i realy had 60 ping last few months.
But i know before server crashed couple of months ago config was better
You know funny thing is that the server cfg is still the same. What we only changing is client cfg i mean ppl should change their cfg. If it feels different i can not fix it. Coz theres nothing changed. Just its on different mashine with different IP.
People complains becasue they used to play at V server for years and they're pissed when something it's wrong.
Smth is wrong. Thats is nothing new. But tell me what is it. We tryed many settings, weapons still feels weird.
On my server V2, running 1.32 rocket arena a couple of guy did connect, after a while they start to type between eachother that server settings is weird. What i had asked if they can help me what is weird, they just disconnected.
On the other side few ppl did not played on better server as V2 like Kaska, Zei, even luc. So im just taking it that 100 ppl have 100 tastes.
But you are not only players. If smth wrong and you know what it is, tell us, we want to make it better. Don't just complain about it. With this new client settings we just want to try if he damage bug will be a bit eliminated when all ppl will have same setting. You know this 1.16 mod is just unpredictable so we are trying everything.
Yes i wanna watch magic but I think i saw a lot of magic with SG. Huge damage taken from large distance. Shotgun it's a local BFG:P With low ping this weapon it's incredible and don't say it's only my opinion. Many players say that.
Try to focus on holes when you shoot with sg to a wall. You will see that most of them are not in the middle right where your craosshair is aimed but around it in horizontal way. SG can take 11*10= 110 dmg. so when you know how to play with it its most destructive weapon. But with higher ping, you need to predict not just to aim in the middle of player but on longer range you have to predict to shoot ppl with one of its two "heads" thats why you do not take much damage. Everyone is aiming ppl in the middle. and thats wrong.
One guy from old KIA clan, i can not remember is name (smth like badkio or so), has 70 ping, and his sg was like....what to hell. So you can see its possible. Just you need "know how"

ok end this. RL ammo 7, RG ammo 7 hope that iy will help you a bit. but also i hope that you had understand why we can not change ammo radicaly or we don't know what to change on server to feel better.

Cheers.
Ping f*cking matters