Client settings

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Client settings

Post by YeLLoW »

Because of non stable connection of many players i suggest to force cl_maxpackets to 100 for everyone.
Skipping players are harder to hit and make the game boring.
Ping f*cking matters
Hinata
V Clan Member

Re: Client settings

Post by Hinata »

with packets more than 50 my connection cut to more times......... :roll:

Any solution Y?
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Define "cut" ?
Ping f*cking matters
Hinata
V Clan Member

Post by Hinata »

Ping 999 30/60 sec.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

hmm. looks like a wifi connection. how strengh is your signal?
Ping f*cking matters
Hinata
V Clan Member

Post by Hinata »

Sry, too more configs to me..... :oops:

If is possible, can i play this week with 40 or 50 packets?
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

as far as you don't lag for the others i don't care. ;)
Ping f*cking matters
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

I think we should make an exception for her, dont forget shes our first clan-mädchen :lol:
Besides these, i can hit her more accurate than some gays with rate 12000 :x
cheers,
Martin
Who the fuck is "General Failure" and what is he doing on my PC...
-=*Ic3Cub3*=-
V Clan Member

Post by -=*Ic3Cub3*=- »

Is it possible to automaticly kick ppl without good settings with a warning msg coz sometimes it is so boring !
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

-=*Ic3Cub3*=- wrote:Is it possible to automaticly kick ppl without good settings with a warning msg coz sometimes it is so boring !
nope
Ping f*cking matters
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

nah, only punkbuster can do this.....

This is why we have some good refs to police the server!
Hinata
V Clan Member

Post by Hinata »

My brother change my config for use 100 packets!!!

Its ok for me.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

paul wrote:nah, only punkbuster can do this.....
Punkbuster and future nemesis (build year 2014) :D:D
Ping f*cking matters
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

YeLLoW wrote:
Punkbuster and future nemesis (build year 2014) :D:D
You must know something I don't.
scud
n? Clan Member

Post by scud »

flak- as far as i know server limit IS 12000 rate, so if someone lags to You is not cuz of that :) maybe try lowering timenudge :) best timenudge should be 25 to 50% of Your ping...

and our fkn maxpackets... well You shouldnt force ppl to use 100- cause ppl with not good upload can get those beloved "red spikes" in lagometer, if its set too high.

Hin You can also try cl_packetdup X where X= number from 1 to 5 Default is 0 dunno if it helps in 1.16 but its worth trying. :)
Also- try to set cl_maxpackets equal or hlaf of Your com_maxfps- it culd help with synchronization between packets sent, and rendered frames.

hope it will help

greetz
the most powerfull weapon is inside of Your head...
Hinata
V Clan Member

Post by Hinata »

scud wrote:flak- as far as i know server limit IS 12000 rate, so if someone lags to You is not cuz of that :) maybe try lowering timenudge :) best timenudge should be 25 to 50% of Your ping...

and our fkn maxpackets... well You shouldnt force ppl to use 100- cause ppl with not good upload can get those beloved "red spikes" in lagometer, if its set too high.

Hin You can also try cl_packetdup X where X= number from 1 to 5 Default is 0 dunno if it helps in 1.16 but its worth trying. :)
Also- try to set cl_maxpackets equal or hlaf of Your com_maxfps- it culd help with synchronization between packets sent, and rendered frames.

hope it will help

greetz
wow Scud.... config for me are a chinesse :oops:
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

scud wrote:flak- as far as i know server limit IS 12000 rate, so if someone lags to You is not cuz of that :) maybe try lowering timenudge :) best timenudge should be 25 to 50% of Your ping...
Lagging is caused by client's upload (cl_maxpackets) to the server. Rate is about download from the server.
timenudge 25-50% of ping oh hell timenudge over number -25 is crazy unless you like to play with skippy ppl.

scud wrote:and our fkn maxpackets... well You shouldnt force ppl to use 100- cause ppl with not good upload can get those beloved "red spikes" in lagometer, if its set too high.
well who does not have at least 256kb upload speed in this times? and whats better? one guy with random red spikes probably bored from that, or happy guy with no spikes but lagging for the others and boring everyones around?
scud wrote:Hin You can also try cl_packetdup X where X= number from 1 to 5 Default is 0 dunno if it helps in 1.16 but its worth trying. :)
if is Hinata's problem upload (more packets=more drops) i do not suggest to increase packetup coz sending backup packets only increase the load of bandwidth.
Ping f*cking matters
-=*Ic3Cub3*=-
V Clan Member

Post by -=*Ic3Cub3*=- »

This is why we have some good refs to police the server!
Do you know that some refs/admin use 50 maxpackets......? :mrgreen:
What to do with them ? Kick ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
scud
n? Clan Member

Post by scud »

Yellowy- i wrote that she could try those- MAYBE it will help- at least she can try :)

yes but cmon- witn ping 60+ timenudge is kinda useless... at least for me :P so with ping 60> timenudge is 10-25 cuz all know more than 25 causes lags...

ah one more thing dunno why with all correct settings, no timenudge, no smoothclients, no programs in background- im laggin O_o with timenudge 10< i lag as hell... tried many commands, and still have same problem. i know that i lag to other also, so id be grateful for some help- cuz on this 1.16 im just lost :F
and if there wont be other solution... format c:\ =P
the most powerfull weapon is inside of Your head...
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

WTF
YeLLoW wrote:well who does not have at least 256kb upload speed in this times?
256 kiloBYTE???

I am not sure about what u are talking but NO ONE NOOOOOOO FAKING ONE in germany can reach that upload.. 110 is maximum 4 privat users!

so and now i came to the timenudge thing i am banned with all my ip without reason... coz i only was spec and talked about that (nice police ref and admins are u hmm ye u really are nice!!!.. DUMB)
u say its a client setting... thats wrong test it put it above 500 and u will see u will lag 4 other ppl also.. and to limit it to 40 is also .. a way of making low pingers a better playing. But hey its *V* u allways stands 4 Low Pingers.. as lower the ping als better u play as "more skilled u are".. hahahha i am so sry.
when u really like to play this way its ok but inform players who dont have that knowlege about that that u are doing it wrong or like u say "the better way 4 everybody (with low ping)"
The minimum I want is that u unbann me.. i dont care about it at all but thats the most unfair thing u ever done and may u belive it or not there are many ways to get problems with players... belive me u dont want to have some with me.
Also your new config setting.. i meant the game exist now 4 8 years.. who cares about your client settings i saw noone really NOONE lagging or even warping with maxpackets 40... i dont know why u are doing this at all but hey its just a nonrealistic game where everybody what to join and have fun.. so they have to follow nonrealistic rules, this make even no sence. tell me what i have to search there 4???? when i have to follow rules that nothing compares??? ITS A GAME.. u think your settings are right? get the meaning of it, not what u think, go ahaid AND READ WHAT THEY ARE EXACTLY DOING !!!! IN ALL WAYS !!!!
its so sad what u made with your server.. but its seems u like that.. to have the POWER ABOUT PLAYERS... letz see if u can hold it on 4 some time.. letz see how often u willl restart your server and how u gonne do it when no ADMIN is there.. HF<<<---- no sry theres none anymore but i wish u GL u will need it!

Niero
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Ah Neir0,

Nice set of ips you have there too I must say. Thought you were being clever reconnecting and you know that I am DUMB!

Well Mister. You were told about the -200 timenudge earlier today and Cannavaro also asked you to change tonight.
For some reason out there some of you think that I am being stupid by trying to set rules to play on the server so every one gets a good game. We have referees with instructions to warn players about their settings. If the referees are ignored or are insulted then you get kicked. If you continue to argue you get banned for a week!
No one was on 40 maxpackets.....so where do you get that from....
I dont care for threats either.
letz see how often u willl restart your server and how u gonne do it when no ADMIN is there.. HF<<<---- no sry theres none anymore but i wish u GL u will need it!
The fun is still there when your not you just wont see it. With talk like this I really want to take you on!
Maybe I will unban you so you can do your worse!

I will tell every one this. "I AM NOT ON A POWER TRIP" I want all to have fun on the server. I DO NOT LIKE DISREPECT. Stick to the settings thats all I ask. 1.32 has punkbuster to get people to conform. 1.16 doesn't. This is why we have our refs.
so they have to follow nonrealistic rules, this make even no sence.
...hmmmm

Please stop complaining about where the server is situated as again I have no control over it. I don't care about low pingers, I dont even care about high pingers within reason. If your settings are ok then there is no problem. Go buy a server close too you and see if you can police it. Take all the players! better still go to quake live.
The thing is, there are some really good high ping players out there that don't moan or whine they just get on with it.

I could go on and on with this but I am tierd and I can't be bothered. I might add to this tomorrow when I have had time to reflect.

As it stands though Neir0 your on a temp ban. :banned:

PJ
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

PJ remeber 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 years ago.. who cares about maxpackets... noone all had standart 40.. and u cant say that everybody was lagged right?... so that u will force ppl to change is is your excusion to say that "now u dont lag 4 other ppl" as u may saw in many ways its not the problem 4 laggin at all and it doesnt metter what u are forcing to do, there will be all the time someone who lags even with "your right settings".
Hmm temp ban "4 a week" there are to ways to get out of it.. one i call my provider-->new ip pool.. tuth it suxs i have work on to do only 4 connection a server i get banned without a executable reason. On the other hand there are scrips i or better my bots can connect to your server.. and as u know coz u are doing it 4 years in 1.16 u has no chance to get rid of it.
I am not the bad one at all but no one piss me off, not without a reason and when u are saying your ref's are there that they make your yellow or whoevers rules true u should inform your ref's why and 4 what the rules stand 4.

gn and hf with a Full server..

i am not the bad one leave me alone and everything will be fine as u know
Kadgar
Visitor

Post by Kadgar »

I dont know if you're responsible for this niero, but it seemss that someone hacked our in some way tried to fuck the server up majorly this morning, first it was full all morning, of none existing players that just were connecting, and then it went offline, if this is you niero, I would like to congratulate you on being the biggest jackass ever. Because you cant have the maxpkts of your choice or whatever, you decided to destroy the game for everyone else.... real classy work man..../ Kadgar
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

how can i connect when i am temporary banned? and i tought i have to be on the server to do my worth.
May keep me alone with my settings so long as i dont lag warp or beeing bugged noone should force somebody about cfgs..

unban me and let me play as normal as i do and normaly i dont even use timenudge but with that response i get i am asking myself why its allowed or even why its not allowed to have it that high.. when it only putting my feeled ping better?
think about it there are in that fact only 2 ways.. forbitten or Allowed .. not this dumb with "ye u can use it until -40 coz coz coz coz we dont know it but we say it"

gredings
Kadgar
Visitor

Post by Kadgar »

Yeye, we get it niero....I saw u online this morning, Ur special, un beatable, is that what you want to hear? can't you just fuck off and play by the rules like everyone else? or is it too hard?!
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

seems like that huh?

whats the next rule 4 the server??? please all ppl who play there has to named V-IS-Best?
ajajajajaj
smurfy
V Clan Member

Post by smurfy »

Hey niero!

If u spend less time complaining and destroying servers, And instead learning to play the game u might not need those settings anyway, like i do.

So stop this shit.
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

Niero wrote:
.. i dont even use timenudge but with that response i get i am asking myself why its allowed or even why its not allowed to have it that high.. when it only putting my feeled ping better?...

first read than post smurf.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Neiro,

I dont have problems with you crashing the server. You only piss the other players off. I will reset the server and if you decide that you want to be imature and crash it again you will no longer be welcome on the server. Simple as that. You have a 1 week ban for your settings. Deal with it!
Just you remember that your actions will have consiquences. I know your internet providers. You can change but if you take me on there will only be one winner and it wont be you. This is no threat its a promise.
Niero
Rocketeer

Post by Niero »

did i say i crashed it?
why i am not woundering about your answer... no explain no discustion do what we want or die.. ye ye its your server and u are the master.
Ah and btw u banned me? are u sure about that? me.. not ;)