Noghost mode availible

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Noghost mode availible

Post by YeLLoW »

I have uploaded noghost mode with identical config settings to nemesis to the server. If you want to try it some day pls admins just boot the mode with this commands (putty):

screen -r nemesis (this will open the terminal with current nemesis console)
quit (close the server)
./ng (boot noghost)

To switch back to nemesis do following

screen -r ng (this will open the terminal with current noghost console)
quit (close the server)
./nemesis (boot nemesis)

Because noghost is using old string style of map rotation system, if you change the map with "map" command, you can put back the rotation typing "rcon vstr d0" (zero) into console.

Noghost advantages vs nemesis:

pmove_fixed (goodbye 333 fps high jumping and faster players)
string rotation system (each map can come with different cfg - good for add dm17 with rail only)
weapon efectivity???
start weapon setting
advance item settings

Please all players who tryed this mode last night, post your thoughts. Its very important.
Ping f*cking matters
cannavaro
V Clan Member

Re: Noghost mode availible

Post by cannavaro »

I don't get a f*** about mods... but it seemed very similar to nemesis to me... I heard a lot of players said it was smoother. Couldn't find any significative difference in that 10 mins of playin.. Maybe it'd be left on for a day or a couple maybe.
Oderint dum metuant
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

that should not be a problem.
Ping f*cking matters
bone
V Clan Member

Post by bone »

i think to m8 its better then nemesis the noghost mod
because there is a bug on nemesis maybe you guys didnt had that prob..

a Bug on nemesis sometimes no hit on the enemy no damage its realy weird
i asked others to they sayed the same and when i spect i whas folowing some players
and i saw the problem maybe you guys don't see but im 100% sure there is a bug on nemesis

and i think why nemesis is a pk3 file that you put in the baseq3 Map
the noghost mod its not in the baseq3Map placed

im sure that makes the bug on server when playin on nemesis mod.

i got nothing tho say realy its not my server :)
im just sayin the problem is nemesis

take care byezzz
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Well i noticed that noghost runs a littlebit smoother than nemesis and shotgun is much better but its maybe my own config, its like 15 kb full of shit:D And i still have a problem that when i change settings on noghost it make also diffrent settings on nemesis...like crosshair size egg. Maybe i got a pk3 file which makes that prob but its so hard to locate it.
I wanted to aks also if its possible to write a script that makes a possibility to allow refs to change the mod like with votes.... would be pretty interessting.
At last if not we can make a big vote on the forum also but i can say already i would miss nemesis...
cheers,
Martin
Who the fuck is "General Failure" and what is he doing on my PC...
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

hmm thats weird flak. Coz config for each mode is store in mode directory. If you change smth in noghost, the cfg file in noghost directory will change. nothing else. And same with nemesis.
But if you connecting to a server with new mode for the very first time, and there is no directory for that mode in your q3 folder, system will grab the cfg from your baseq folder (q3config).

Refs can not changes the modes. Because mode have to be loaded with boot of q3 and you can not load multiple modes.
Ping f*cking matters
cannavaro
V Clan Member

Post by cannavaro »

bone wrote:i think to m8 its better then nemesis the noghost mod
because there is a bug on nemesis maybe you guys didnt had that prob..
Yea Bone... i think everybody saw that, expecially with sg... you know you hit, you see blood on enemy but there's no damage.
fl4k wrote: I wanted to aks also if its possible to write a script that makes a possibility to allow refs to change the mod like with votes.... would be pretty interessting.
Martin
It'd be quite interesting but, i noticed that sometime - even changing map to go out from rotation (to make playin more various), after other players ask you to do that - can become incentive to internal discussion between present players. My question is, what would be after all know that a referee can change mod?
I mean maybe we could waste a lot of time and create troubles between players (someone would ask for noghost and somene would insist on Nemesis)... could it become a double-edged weapon???
I think that we have to find a final solution to this!!!
Oderint dum metuant
Zei
V Management

Post by Zei »

My personal motto

"Clothing optional"

No no it odes not make sense in this thread .

I use another one for this situations.

"the smoother the better"

so i vote no ghost . But lets play it for a couple of days and we see how it goes.