Voting has been disabled

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Voting has been disabled

Post by YeLLoW »

VOTING DISABLED
Ping f*cking matters
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Re: Voting has been temporary enabled

Post by YeLLoW »

Hey ladies,

with possibility to vote for probably anything via strings system (vstr) we can easily support more rotations.
In this case would be nice if you put some of your favorite big and small maps. Our idea is to have 3 different rotations.

-default (the current one)
-small maps (up to 4 players)
-big maps (over 10 players)

Here are my favorite maps

-small = q3dm6, q3dm4-instagib, q3dm13, ztn3dm1, ospdm7, cpm2, q3dm10
-big = uberkill, q3dm12, ts_dm4, ts_dm5, ospdm5, roarena-instagibtdm(this could be fat :D ), ospdm6,

after all maps will be selected i will allow following strings for vote

/callvote vstr smallmaps
/callvote vstr bigmaps
/callvote vstr basemaps (or defmaps or something that will represent default rotation)

PS: if you got any suggestions what could ppl vote for, post it here and i will see what i can do with it.

cheers.
Ping f*cking matters
kaska
Site Admin

Post by kaska »

Lets please remove callvote for maps and allow only nextmap.
Tonight I tried to play a decent game and Overkill was loaded 3 times.

My suggestion is only refs allowed to load maps,they never let the rotation go on.

Cheers
The voices are telling me to kill you!
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

hmm and does the nextmap command realy works? according to the config g_allowvote_nextmap 0 should be disabled...
ive disabled it because im not sure if this commands works only to put next map or even to a set nextmap when a map name comes next to it (callvote nextmap q3dm6). coz if this command would pass the vote, rotation would be interrupted. i should run some tests then to see how it works.
Ping f*cking matters
kaska
Site Admin

Post by kaska »

Please try m8 and if its not possible can set minimum voting from 1 person because if someone doesnt like a map he keeps on voting until someone votes for it.
I don't know how voting works in 1.16 but I think it needs less votes than 1.32 to pass a vote, maybe it doesnt count how many players are online and counts votes only.

My suggestion is not to disable it, I think its more friendly server with that option.
Try for a start to remove that autochat for voting and leave <next map> only.

You can also say fu kaska and leave it as it is :shock: :ROFL:

Thanks m8
The voices are telling me to kill you!
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Re: Voting has beendisabled

Post by YeLLoW »

dm7, overkill and maybe ospdm2. These 3 maps has been voted by few players all the time making the rotation of 10 maps the rotation of 3 maps. This is boring for player who want to play decent game. Allowing the nextmap command only wont be much more helpfull so i decided to disable the voting of all map changing commands and for all players exept referees.

in the future the voting may be enabled but i will deffinately set the passing value to 70-80% (7 of 10 players have to press F1 to pass the vote) from current 50%.

the rotation has been a bit altered created from most of favorite maps. cpm2 has been dropped from medium rotation and added to small. also the order of maps has been altered. each of rotation has different maps, so you wont play the same map when a rotation switch occurs.

Medium:

6++
q3dm7
overkill
ospdm6
ts_dm5
ospdm2
q3dm8
ospdm8
imr3dm1
q3dm17

Don't complain about crappy rotation. you had your chance to express your self.

Cheers
Ping f*cking matters
-=*Ic3Cub3*=-
V Clan Member

Re: Voting has beendisabled

Post by -=*Ic3Cub3*=- »

YeLLoW wrote:... so i decided to disable the voting of all map changing commands and for all players exept referees ...
But there are no more referees :D