Server settings and maps rotation

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Server settings and maps rotation

Post by YeLLoW »

Players settings and maps rotation are being checked and moderated by our program yBuster.
We highly recommends for you to keep following settings or you will be forced to spectators.

Client latest NoGhost 155 or Nemesis 2.0.14
/snaps 40
/rate 25000
/cl_maxpackets from 63 to 100
/cl_timenudge from -20 to 20

Currently is program controlling 3 types of rotations

small - up to 4 players
medium up to 12 players
large - over 12 players

Change of rotation will be initiated from next map starting with first map from rotation.
Rotation checking is being done each 10 minutes.

List of maps

Small:

q3dm6
ztn3dm1
ospdm3
ospdm2
ospdm7
ospdm8
q3dm5
q3dm7
q3dm13
q3dm17

Medium:

6++
q3dm7
q3dm8
cpm2
ospdm2
overkill
ospdm8
ospdm6
q3dm17

Large:

hope
assault
1+
q3megamix
7++
q3dm18
reqkitchen
17remix

Please make sure you have all mentioned maps downloaded and in your baseq3 directory. Otherwise you wont be able to connect.

Maps in rotation are not fixed, actualy feel free to post your map-change, issues, ideas or other requests.
Ping f*cking matters
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Re: Server settings and maps rotation

Post by YeLLoW »

Inspired by the Simple enemycolor switch i created a cycle-variable rotation. This means that some maps in rotation are switching for alternative ones after each end of rotation cycle. Lets see current example:

6++
q3dm7
overkill
ospdm6
ts_dm5
ospdm2
q3dm8
ospdm8
imr3dm1/ts_dm4 These too maps are switching between each other every rotation cycle
q3dm17/railbox These too maps are switching between each other every rotation cycle

This will make the rotation more variable and its not needed to create 2 rotation cfg files or a big rotation list with duplicate entries. How is this done? Via strings.

Code: Select all

set 6++ "exec freeze.cfg ; map 6++ ;set nextmap vstr q3dm7"
set q3dm7 "exec freeze.cfg ; map q3dm7 ; set nextmap vstr overkill"
set overkill "exec freeze.cfg ; map overkill ; set nextmap vstr ospdm6"
set ospdm6 "exec freeze.cfg ; map ospdm6 ; set nextmap vstr ts_dm5"
set ts_dm5 "exec freeze.cfg ; map ts_dm5 ; set nextmap vstr ospdm2"
set ospdm2 "exec freeze.cfg ; map ospdm2 ; set nextmap vstr q3dm8"
set q3dm8 "exec freeze.cfg ; map q3dm8 ; set nextmap vstr ospdm8"
set ospdm8 "exec freeze.cfg ; map ospdm8 ;set nextmap vstr switch"
set switch "vstr switch1"
set rail "vstr rail1"

//alternative = subvariables

set rail1 "exec instatdm.cfg ; map q3dm17 ; set nextmap vstr 6++; set rail "vstr rail2""
set rail2 "exec instatdm.cfg ; map railbox ; set nextmap vstr 6++; set rail "vstr rail1""
set switch1 "exec freeze.cfg ; map imr3dm1 ;set nextmap vstr rail; set switch "vstr switch2""
set switch2 "exec freeze.cfg ; map ts_dm4 ;set nextmap vstr rail; set switch "vstr switch1""
As you can see the last too maps are represented by variables "switch" and "rail". Each of them is linked via vstr command to own 2 subvariables. Variable "rail" has subvariables "rail1" and "rail2". Each of this subvariable is during the execution (last command in the line) also changing the execution command of the parent variable "rail" linking it to the second subvariable. Pretty easy huh? :)
Ping f*cking matters
kaska
Site Admin

Post by kaska »

Today there was a lot of whine about server smoothness. I changed g_delaq to 2 , we played some maps and everyone was happy about it (especially high pingers) . Flak and Mollusk liked it to.
Personally I have tried g_delaq 1 and I think it's the most unstable (the 1 min is like ur playing delaq and the other not).I suggest we leave it to g_delag 2 for a couple of weeks. Yellow if you don't mind , change it to the cfg , because I don't think it will keep it if server reboots.

Cheers
The voices are telling me to kill you!
bone
V Clan Member

Post by bone »

isnt that bugged for yall delag 2 ,, , no damage mostly in gameplay, I hate it
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

bone with g_delag 2 on server you can turn it off for yourself. Just type in console g_delag 0 and even if the server is delaged with this setting it will bypass the compensation for you. But you need to have noghost 155 client! Not working with nemesis.

Kaska there is smth wrong with the server. I can not modify any file. Not from winscp, neither from putty. It says smth is wrong with the server swap file. And all files are read only. Pretty weird.
Ping f*cking matters
kaska
Site Admin

Post by kaska »

Sorry for my late reply m8 .
Just tried to edit a text file with winscp and same for me .
I'm gonna sent an email to lchost about it , I hope there is a quick fix.
I'm sending you also the email of the person we know (pm) in case you want to contact them about the problem.
The voices are telling me to kill you!
shroom
Granades Spammer

Post by shroom »

Well, I was very happy with g_delag 2, and had good moments on the server those days. Sad, its again g_delag 0, any further plan to enabling it again?. I think ppl who dont want it, can turn it off for themselves, let it be ON for high pingers.
Next thing goes with Noghost, the client model has capped cl_timenudge to 0, cant set it to -20 or -5 etc. Can it be uncapped from the server side?
Edit: Today the server seems to be down or what?