New rotation system (beta)

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

New rotation system (beta)

Post by YeLLoW »

Hey guys. I was bored of the not dynamic way of the current rotation system so i added a rotation control to the current ybuster which is managing stats and server info for players (-nextmap, -time etc.). So when i boot this the rotation will be controlled by a smart script :)

So whats better?

1. You can vote for a map

/callvote map <mapname> - after the vote passes the new map will be loaded immediately.

No more needs for adding "vstr" before a map name and the rotation still wont be broken.

2. You can vote for nextmap

/callvote nextmap <mapname> - after the vote passes the new map will be set and will be loaded after the current map is over.

Again no more vstr needed and it wont stuck on the same map.

3. You can skip current map to the next one in rotation.

/callvote vstr nextmap

actualy the only way to load the nextmap is with command vstr. so this time its required.

4. Continuos rotation - The system remembers which map from rotation should be next (nemesis style). If you vote for a map that is not in rotation, system will automaticaly set the nextmap to the last nextmap from rotation. If you skip to a map which is in rotation the rotation will continue with nextmap in list and will not go back to skipped maps.

5. Simple file with map names to define the rotation. No more messing with cfg and vstr command.
If the file change, the change will be visible without rebooting the server in next map.

6. Different style of rotations (small, medium, large) with memory.
System will remember last played map for each rotation, so it will continue when a rotation is changed back. It won't start from beginning.

Ok some security shits against ppl like remmal :)

What would remmal do?

/callvote map motherfookingshit - if this would pass nothing would happend coz the map doesn't exist.

/callvote nextmap jcksadlkjasi - actualy with classic conditions this would break the rotation coz the map jcksadlkjasi would be set as a nextmap and could not be loaded at the end coz it doesnt exist. But the script is checking the nextmap name with maps loaded on the system and if there is no such a map, it will overwrite the callvote setting and set the last known correct nextmap.

/callvote nextmap q3dmX7 - again even if this typo will pass it will be denied by the check.

/callvote nextmap map q3dm5 - everything whats not in proper string format "callvote <map/nextmap> <mapname>" will be overwrited by the previous nextmap setting.

/callvote vstr lkjasdlkj - no such a string exist on server so nothing will happend.

if only 2 players are connected and system will detect remmal's ip, it will disable server's voting ability :) (this is possible but not yet done in script)

if you got any other ideas what i could and will be able to add let me know.

im planning to boot this to try this weekend.
Ping f*cking matters