Stats

Updates, Changes and Problems post here.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Stats

Post by YeLLoW »

Hey pointhunters,

I am still working hard on stats so it could be crashproof (haha) and work as it should. I the meantime here are some commands that you can use:
"-rank" - this command will display your current rank (kills, deaths, skill points etc).
"-top" - this command will show top 10 players
"-best" - this command will show top ranked player from currently connected ones
"-nextmap" - this command will show.......nextmap :D

PS: stats commands like -rank,-top,-best is good to use at the beginning of new map, after stats update occurs.
For "UnnamedPlayer"s don't waste your time using -rank command. This name is used by many players so there are many records in database and it will display random result = totaly inacurate.

If you have any ideas what could be implemented post it here and we will see if it is possible :)

PS2: I had to reset stats once again because of bugs i fixed. So sorry if you played really hard tonight :/

Cheers
Ping f*cking matters
natt
V Clan Member

Re: Stats

Post by natt »

woah, thanks m8 for u hard work !! :) :Bravo:
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

cool Y :good:
Last edited by fl4k on 15 Sep 2014 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Who the fuck is "General Failure" and what is he doing on my PC...
natt
V Clan Member

Post by natt »

me would like to ask bout something like dropping for inactivity? i know its not stats related, but tought i may ask. is it possible to set sucha thing?
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Yes Natt its possible:

g_inactivity_warnDisplayTime (default=1) <-- Time, in milliseconds, an inactive player will see the warning message about how they are about to be kicked

g_spectatorInactivity (default=0) <-- Time in seconds a spectator can be inactive before being kicked

g_spectatorInactivity_warnDisplayTime (default=1) <-- Time, in milliseconds, an inactive spectator will see the warning message about how they are about to be kicked
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

-time command added to display current time
Ping f*cking matters
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

looks like the script is pretty stable. No crash for more than a week so far. But of course this is caused that the script reboots itself after each map played.

-day (or potd - player of the day) - a new command which is almost ready to go will be implemented in next days. This command will display the best player of the day. This statistic is gathered from a separate database that i created and that is reset each early morning. So far you can see the html version of this statistic at

http://mexus.sk/vspd/pub/themes/bismarck/index.php?

if this list is empty that means no games have been played since reset.
Also server can broadcast this players name let say each hour.

I am thinking about to add my old rotation script which could take care about the maps change. So no more "vstr nextmap" lines in cfg. just pure map names. This could also dramatically improve map voting abilities. Here are my ideas about improvements

- script will read simple file with only map names. Each line one map and set the nextmap according to it. So any map could be voted and not need to vote like "callvote vstr <mapname>". Also not need to create vstr mapname variables to be able to load a custom map which is not possible to create for every map on the server because of max number of variables limitation of q3 engine.
- script will read the map file after each map to check if there is no update (maps added or removed). So no more reboots to apply new rotation settings. Actually no more exec map cfgs.
- script will remember the last played map so after a voting to some different map that is not in rotation it will set the nextmap to the nextmap in rotation. (rotation will continue where it stopped)
- after each vote pass with a map change the script will disable voting for 1 or 2 maps so this would prevent the spammers for keep voting for only 1 map (actualy this will be pretty tricky to code because it is hard to detect if the vote passed or not :D but i think its not impossible).

and now the most coolest idea what could be implemented. (yeah it is not my idea but what ever :D)

when one of the teams score reaches let say 8, the system will broadcast 3 map names with corresponding number and everyone could vote for the nextmap by typing the corresponding map number using say command (like it is used now for stats and other custom commands). The map with most votes will be set as a nextmap. Each player could vote only once this is not hard to do, each player can correct his vote by typing new number. The last number before the end of the map will be taken as a final. Also there is possibility to create some threshold, if not enough players vote, a default nextmap will be set. This could replace the whole rotation file with a dynamic rotation system. A file with all available maps will be created so not all maps on server will be considered as playable (some maps are weird and does not fit to daily game-play. ). I am think about that 1 map could be the same as the last if players want to play again the same map and the rest two would be random maps from this map file. Also there is possibility to create some protection, if a map has been played 2 times in a row, it wont be showed as a possibility in the next vote.

If you have any (better) ideas, just let me know :)
Ping f*cking matters
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

I am thinking about to take advantage of the server get stuck when no map is set.
The script could set no map at the beginning of a map, then the game will not continue when the scoreboard appears, now could the voting option be displayed and ppl could vote for 15 seconds. After this,script will load map with most voted.

What would you prefer? In game voting or end of the map voting?
Ping f*cking matters
stupidcat
V Clan Member

Post by stupidcat »

YeLLoW wrote:What would you prefer? In game voting or end of the map voting?
How about both ? :roll:
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Yellow you really think about every detail in your scripts :)
Im looking forward for it, especially the roation system sounds cool.

My suggestion is "pday" (player of the day)

stupidcat wrote:
YeLLoW wrote:What would you prefer? In game voting or end of the map voting?
Both would´nt make really sense. The idea to make it in the running game is tolerable but it would be dissturbing to open the console and write the map number while playing.

My suggestions for this would be to bind the command "map number" to a key like in baseQ the f1 key is binded to vote yes. Or server freeze the game for 5 sec while that people vote :D
I think this would be pain in the ass to script it so probably the best bet would be to make it after a game.

Have fun writing, script kiddy :)
Ps. Write me a script for my g19 where the led´s display fl4k :Bravo:
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

stupidcat wrote:
Like Flak said there is no point making both. Why would the system set nextmap from a file if at the end of the map would ppl vote and select another one?

My suggestion is "pday" (player of the day)
No problem. i can set multiple names for the same command. So pday, potd, day, what ever :)

The idea to make it in the running game is tolerable but it would be dissturbing to open the console and write the map number while playing.
The script can run from the score 8 till the end of the map. So you can easily type your vote when you are frozen. Only if it would run at the end of map i would set the timer so it won't wait for players output forever and delay the game.
My suggestions for this would be to bind the command "map number" to a key like in baseQ the f1 key is binded to vote yes.
it is up to players if they want to type the number each time or just bind it :)
Or server freeze the game for 5 sec while that people vote :D
I think this would be pain in the ass to script it so probably the best bet would be to make it after a game.
Hmmm. Actualy if the noghost mode supports time out command from console, this could not be so hard to code at all.
Ps. Write me a script for my g19 where the led´s display fl4k :Bravo:
Isnt there a direct logitech program for that already?
Ping f*cking matters
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

YeLLoW wrote:No problem. i can set multiple names for the same command. So pday, potd, day, what ever :)
Ok but leave "day" for those who doesnt know which day we have :D

YeLLoW wrote:The script can run from the score 8 till the end of the map. So you can easily type your vote when you are frozen. Only if it would run at the end of map i would set the timer so it won't wait for players output forever and delay the game.
Ok i see the point. Hmm both ways got their dis and advantages you better decide which way you make.

YeLLoW wrote:it is up to players if they want to type the number each time or just bind it :)
Yeah, had a thoughtless error :%)
YeLLoW wrote:Hmmm. Actualy if the noghost mode supports time out command from console, this could not be so hard to code at all.
Ok but now i think its nonsens anyway.
YeLLoW wrote:Isnt there a direct logitech program for that already?
Well in the logitech gaming software, you can add scripts in a window and merge them to your profile. But i dont know how to light keys individually in a different color.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Code: Select all

Ok but now i think its nonsens anyway. 
yeah it is a bad idea to pause the game only for voting. I think i will go with the voting at the end of the map. At this time ppl have time and paying attention to console. During the game they could overlook the message.

Code: Select all

Well in the logitech gaming software, you can add scripts in a window and merge them to your profile. But i dont know how to light keys individually in a different color.
well there is not scripting like scripting :) maybe it is not that ease or maybe it is impossible to do what you want :) i would go with google :D
Ping f*cking matters
natt
V Clan Member

Post by natt »

tnx fl4k, :) ok, if there r commands for dropping for inactivity, is there any chance u guys will set them ? :) not sure the time but maybe 5 mins or so ? i mean esp. remmal, who stays in spect and blocks free spot for new player (when server is full). and sometimes even he enters the game and doesnt play.. so then his score is like -20. sorki remek, ale taka prawda!
as for map voting, im not sure its a good idea. ive talked bout this already with u fl4k. i have the impression we play the same maps over and over again.
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

natt wrote:if there r commands for dropping for inactivity, is there any chance u guys will set them ? :)

Yeah i think we should go for it

natt wrote:i have the impression we play the same maps over and over again.
Yellow is working about that.
stupidcat
V Clan Member

Post by stupidcat »

hey guys , can you pm me the ref password again, seems u changed it and i missed it i guess :oops:
thanks! :good:
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

stupidcat wrote:hey guys , can you pm me the ref password again
sent you pm
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

Hmm about commands for dropping for inactivity, i think those in Noghost they are not ripe enough. Maybe if you have mood Yellow you could write a script to drope inactive player after 2 min to spectator where he/she gets kicked after 5 min for inactivity too. Would be cool.
stupidcat
V Clan Member

Post by stupidcat »

thanks.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

as for map voting, im not sure its a good idea. ive talked bout this already with u fl4k. i have the impression we play the same maps over and over again.
Fixed. After each vote passed the winning map is add to a separate "played-map" list. When the script is choosing maps for voting the next time, it compares this played-map list with maplist and shows only the difference. In sort it selects only maps that have not been played yet. If only 4 usable maps will remain after comparison the script will clear this played-maps list and release all maps for voting again. So this way only 4 maps are not played in complete loop. Which ones its up to players. I think its ok because if i would force to play all maps, there is no point to have voting.

@Flaky if you feel lucky you can add some maps to the maplist file. We can have now a bigger collection of maps available for voting. The file is located here:

~/q3/NoGhost/maplist

Please pay attention to correct spelling for maps otherwise we are doomed and the script will fail to set new map. I mean it won't fail but it will tell to q3 to load lets say "q3dn12" (notice the typo N) and the game will get stuck on scoreboard forever because there is no such map :D but same way it was with old rotation. so you should be good :)

Hmm about commands for dropping for inactivity, i think those in Noghost they are not ripe enough. Maybe if you have mood Yellow you could write a script to drope inactive player after 2 min to spectator where he/she gets kicked after 5 min for inactivity too. Would be cool.
actually this is not possible. Because how could i detect from a log file if player is active or not?
Ok maybe there is a way that comes to my mind but first i will check possibilities with noghost.
Ping f*cking matters
fl4k
Site Admin

Post by fl4k »

YeLLoW wrote:@Flaky if you feel lucky you can add some maps to the maplist file
No problem, if i find cool maps i add them.
YeLLoW wrote:actually this is not possible. Because how could i detect from a log file if player is active or not?
Ok maybe there is a way that comes to my mind but first i will check possibilities with noghost.
I have an idea but damn if this is feasible i eat a broom,

Script is checking players activity from logfile, if the time of lets say 5min. passed since players last and without new activity (chats, frags, melts, changing nicks etc.) script force player to spectator. Now a second script instance is doing same thing with spectator, if theres no activity like chat or changing nicks.. etc., server kicks player from server after 5 min or so.
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

Script is checking players activity from logfile, if the time of lets say 5min. passed since players last and without new activity (chats, frags, melts, changing nicks etc.) script force player to spectator. Now a second script instance is doing same thing with spectator, if theres no activity like chat or changing nicks.. etc., server kicks player from server after 5 min or so.
yeah the same idea as mine. Now i only need to figure out how to do this in an efficient way. I don't like the idea that another script will keep running in a loop all the time. One is enough. So it must be something that run only once each 5 minutes via cron.

1. problem... If there is only 1 player connected, waiting for another players, it is not good idea to kick him for inactivity. Also when are only few players connected there is no harm to have idle players in spec mode. So the script could be activated when there are like 10-12 total players connected. (this is only for the players in spect mode. For playing players the script would check all the time no matter how many are connected).

2. problem... I am not sure if its possible from dumping user or from rcon status tell who is actualy playing and who is in spect mode. Maybe is but nothing that i can remember.

So far this is how it could be done.

Script will add a time stamp to log file, Then he will get names of all connected players, Then he will search from 5 minute ago (time stamp from previous run of the script) till the present for a sign of activity for each player. If he will find no evidence he will force them to spect (this is possible even for frozen players using command "forceteam X s" where X is the player's slot and "s" is setting spectator team)

3. problem...newly connected players. If i would do this this way, script could kick players that have just connected and did not kill or chat or have been killed... hmm..this will be tricky.
Ping f*cking matters
stupidcat
V Clan Member

Post by stupidcat »

Hey , voting works nice , but can you make it 5 seconds longer? (20sec)
usually after the heat of the battle i need to take a breath , read the voting string and let it work into my brain befor i have 2 seconds left to open console and type quickly a number. Its also more relaxed.

You could also add another calculation, e.g. if >50% of the playing people (btw spec allowed to vote too ?) voted then new map will be loaded directly. to speed things up

e.g. if 4 people voted q3dm6 and 1 person voted q3dm7 and 3 others didnt vote yet , its quite obvious q3dm6 will be played and the extra waiting seconds wont be needed. in any other case i recommend 20 secs :Search:
YeLLoW
Site Admin

Post by YeLLoW »

can you make it 5 seconds longer? (20sec)
isn't 20 too long? I mean yes i could check if 50% of players voted but this in very unlikely to happen.
Mostly only few players vote so it would always take 20 second which is significant delay to the game.
btw spec allowed to vote too ?
yes they are. For one simple reason, many guys are in spec because they don't like the current map, or they have just connected and waiting for new map to start play so it is good to let them vote. (and also it would be pain in the ass to code :D )
Ping f*cking matters